Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ran Q3+ on a Multi?

I am thinking of giving them a shot for this summer. I commute on my bike, will hit two track days, and many day trips on great twisting touring roads throughout Washington state. Likely won't leave pavement or at least anything more rugged than a maintained gravel road. I try to avoid wet conditions, so these seem like a great option...

Any other opinions? I know these fall more in the sport category, but I need a great tire that can do it all with an emphasis on sport touring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
All I can tell you is I put a set of Q3+ on my SV-650 track bike and love them. Whatever tires I wear out on my road bikes I'll be using these to replace them. They are really sticky, I'm not sure I'd track these thru sand/gravel/dirt, though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You will love them. It’s the only thing I run now and you seem to have a similar riding style to me.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
How long do they last... for my next set I'm looking for something a bit less touring/more sport than the AGT's but with better mileage than the various full sportbike options.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Dunlop has a $100 rebate promo going on until tomorrow, so I jumped on the Q3+. Got a new set for just $260 after the rebate.

I'll report back in a few weeks with my initial thoughts...track day May 21st so I'll have some good miles under my belt in many different conditions by then.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Q3 F/ RoadsmartIII R. Awesome combo; for me anyway.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've been running the earlier Q3's on my Tuono, 4 sets now, for street use. I love them.

A couple of years ago I did a Ducati Revs America school at COTA. Jason Pridmore's Star school was the host. They ran Q3's on all the class and instructor's bikes.

Last September, I used the Q3's for a track day on my Panigale 1299S. They stuck like glue, first time in about 10 years that I didn't use DOT Race tires.

I have two sets of Q3+ ready to go on for this season.

I got around 1800 miles out of a rear on the old Q3's on my Tuono. I hoping the Q3+ can add a little to that.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,374 Posts
Have had great success with my Q3's on the track. Especially on the multi. Good tire on the street and even better for the track.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've been tracking my RSV4 using Q3+

From the tire vendor at the Track; there is no better tyre unless you're willing to run slicks ($$ and needing warmers).

For touring in the PNW, I would choose the Michelin PR4/5.

Much better in the wet and about 8/10 as good as the Q3 on the street.

But for the price, you can't beat Q3's.

·
Registered
403 Posts
How is warm-up on the Q3+? I'm running Corsa IIIs and I've noticed a few times that the rear will step out when they're cold and moving out from a stop. (Also makes me wonder about my TC setting - 2 I think.)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just did 2 days on Q3's at Keith Code's Superbike School in Las Vegas. Was riding a BMW 1000rr in sport mode and they did great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I’ve got Q3s on my Multi. Great tyres.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've got a couple hundred road miles and a track day on the new Q3+ and I love em. Nice even tire wear, great front end feel, predictable and grippy rear. Carried as much lean angle as I could until I started wearing down my foot pegs!

Only ever rode Pirelli before now, and so far I am a happy convert.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just picked up a set of Q3+ and a set of forged wheels for track duty. Although I might end up leaving them on for daily use also. Will report with pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts