Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a clean low mileage 1200S with a homologated Termignoni slip-on this summer. Love the bike but as always I want more power lol. Hoping to get up to the output or even surpass the 1200R.

Seemed like the first step was to get a full race exhaust system and remove all the emission equipment. Found an amazing deal on the Termignoni full system that included a key for the Ducati Performance ECU map. Removed the charcoal cannister and plugged the ports on the heads. Pulled the DB killer pipes out and had the bike dynoed. I am in Colorado at 5000 ft of elevation but these numbers are corrected for sea level. Seems like a solid starting point!

Next up I will be attacking the intake side of things and doing a custom tune to see where that leaves me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was able to score a set of eliptical throttle bodies from the 1200R model locally. Then I found a fellow in Italy that is 3d printing velocity stacks and airbox inlets, he goes by the name star.ace

Once these are installed I will be headed back to the dyno to see if there are any gains, I suspect I will need a custom tune to make full use of these parts so that will be done at the same time as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
It isn’t too bad. To get a lot more, you need ported and polished heads, bigger valves, high compression pistons, bigger throttle bodies, bigger injectors, more powerful fuel pump (maybe) and a custom tune.

In for a penny, in for many pounds…er…dollars (or lira).

This is a typ. rule for any engine that you want to hot-rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It isn’t too bad. To get a lot more, you need ported and polished heads, bigger valves, high compression pistons, bigger throttle bodies, bigger injectors, more powerful fuel pump (maybe) and a custom tune.

In for a penny, in for many pounds…er…dollars (or lira).

This is a typ. rule for any engine that you want to hot-rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
High comp pistons are next on my list if the intake mods don't get me to where I want to be lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts