Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed up to find some technical information on my Monsters rear brakes. Seems to be a common issue!

Pedal went soft over winter, adjusted the master and then it locked up while riding. Rookie mistake, but my local dealer was 3 months to get in to for service.

Anyways, it needs a new caliper, rotor and pads. I thought the rotor would be fairly simple, but it looks like I need to remove the entire axle to replace the rotor? Is there something I am missing?

I already replaced the caliper and bled the system with the caliper flipped. Best pedal I have ever had in the 2 years Ive owned it, but the stock rotor is toast and it looks like I need to get the tool for chain adjustment, loose that, and take off that side and remove the axle to get access to the 4 rotor bolts?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure I can provide any help but same thing happened to me. I adjusted my pedal when it went soft thinking that’s all I need to do and had the rear lock up. Luckily I caught it before it ruined everything. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts