Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 2.5 years since new, it has been confirmed by the Ducati dealership my R/H bulb is burned out and I need to replace the entire assembly if I want a working set. Not going to pony up over $1,000 for a new set plus labor. Fortunately my high beams still work and they are not LED"s, so can I replace those bulbs for a set of low beams or point the bulbs down so I don't blind oncoming vehicles?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe you can find a used assembly from a bike being parted out and save some money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
The lowbeam and highbeam are alot diffrent in how they throw the light, so No.

You could find a used headlight of a -14 or -15 that will fit, either with the ST´s LED lowbeam or the more basic halogen lowbeam setup. Changing them over isnt that hard.

Intresting that they cant fix it.. I might have been inclined to start looking for a small Electronics shop that might be able to replace the LED or the driverboard.
The LED is suppose to last for 50.000+ hours, So I might also be inclined to go back and ask what goodwill Ducati NA might be able to give you. The lowbeam should NEVER go out on a LED equipped bike, unless you messed with it.. Its something I might make abit of a stink about if they dont offer some discounted replacement.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lowbeam and highbeam are alot diffrent in how they throw the light, so No.

You could find a used headlight of a -14 or -15 that will fit, either with the ST´s LED lowbeam or the more basic halogen lowbeam setup. Changing them over isnt that hard.

Intresting that they cant fix it.. I might have been inclined to start looking for a small Electronics shop that might be able to replace the LED or the driverboard.
The LED is suppose to last for 50.000+ hours, So I might also be inclined to go back and ask what goodwill Ducati NA might be able to give you. The lowbeam should NEVER go out on a LED equipped bike, unless you messed with it.. Its something I might make abit of a stink about if they dont offer some discounted replacement.
Only folks who have touched my bike when it comes to electrical has been Ducati. Good idea and see if Ducati will do a Goodwill warranty replacement. Doubt it, but worth a shot. Bad design, and certainly should last more than 2.5 years or 20k miles.

Can I adjust my high beams so they point more towards the ground?

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
Only folks who have touched my bike when it comes to electrical has been Ducati. Good idea and see if Ducati will do a Goodwill warranty replacement. Doubt it, but worth a shot. Bad design, and certainly should last more than 2.5 years or 20k miles.

Can I adjust my high beams so they point more towards the ground?
Yes.
There are two set screws on the headlight. Check the manual.
But I dont think they have enough adjustment.

Just ride with one lowbeam for now.

Reactions: Steve W.

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts