Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on installing some Clearwater Darla's on my '14, and the instructions call for tapping into both the hi and low beam hot wires. Does anyone know where is an easy place to tap in and what color the wires are?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have Darlas on my 2014, I bought the generic kit and not the Ducati specific one; I only had to tap into the high beam. I tapped into the yellow/black wire of the high beam, where it goes into the connector for the bulb. The shielding is clearly labelled "high beam", at least on my bike. For switched power, I tapped into the GPS power wires on the left hand side, tucked behind the fairing and below the fuel tank.

This is my post at the time of install, let me know if you need more info: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/633106-2014-mts-clearwater-darla-plus-denali-brackets-installation.html

·
Registered
417 Posts
I managed to capture a photo to help:

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I tapped only into the high beam just like the previous posters. As far switched on power, I am using a PDM60 Power Distribution module. Best darn power distribution gzmo I have ever used.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! Thx guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts