Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Pfft. No thanks. You can keep those two extra pannier latches and the rest of the bike.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I'm not interested in "4 bikes in 1"...I want one bike in one as in a Sport Tourer worthy of the name. For my one-up touring I'll stick with my '05 SS1000DS and for two-up it would be an ST or Triumph Sprint. Maybe even a K1200S but not a Mulistrada. Just not a fan of the styling or the concept.

·
Registered
965 Posts
meh*

"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It can also be used as a verb, (rendering something uninteresting or boring) and an adjective, meaning mediocre, boring, or apathetic.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm still convinced a streetfighter 1098 with a mk2 ST fairing and modified seat arrangement would make a modern ducati ST
What could you call a newer model ST, ST1098 Testastretta perhaps.

·
7,733 Posts
I'm still convinced a streetfighter 1098 with a mk2 ST fairing and modified seat arrangement would make a modern ducati ST
SF's are naked superbikes. Don't know how they'd do 2 up with panniers comfort wise or if their frames could carry the added weight of passengers/panniers, larger tank, ferrings etc.

As far as names go: As a famous Canadian singer from the late 60's/early 70's once sang: "I like to dream..." :)

Base model, ie base engine, maybe a 848, and base suspension/wheels/sa etc = "ST"; add basic electronics like power maps and abs with an upgraded suspension/sa/wheels, and better engine, say an 1098 = SST; all the SST equipment plus the full shit load of electronics packages and the best suspension/wheels and a v-4 engine = SSTr. :)

Bologna, are you listening? I can help you design it too. :)

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
meh*

"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It can also be used as a verb, (rendering something uninteresting or boring) and an adjective, meaning mediocre, boring, or pathetic.
Fixed. =P

Have a good one.

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
How big is the SF's gas tank? I want an ST or touring bike with at least a 200 mile gas tank, as gas stations can be few and far between in some parts of North America's wild west.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man, what a bunch of whiners. Go ride the Multi and see what you think. That's all it took to convince me it was a great bike.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's easy enough to swap in a Monster handlebar onto a MTS1200 and get more of a sporty seating position; it's been done quite a few times.

What's interesting with the 2013 is that it's using the same Sachs computer-controlled suspension that is the centerpiece of the new BMW HP4 superbike.

I've given up on pretty. Any bike that has everything that I want is ugly, and the beauties all have significant flaws.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Man, what a bunch of whiners. Go ride the Multi and see what you think. That's all it took to convince me it was a great bike.
There's no amount of polish that is going to turn me on to that ****. You're hanging in the wrong forum if you're looking for DS fans.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
What's interesting with the 2013 is that it's using the same Sachs computer-controlled suspension that is the centerpiece of the new BMW HP4
But why? I've never felt the ST lacking in the sus dept.

Fact is that Duc never sorted the Ohlins system. Now they're on to some new who-ha.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
There's always hope - if they get rid of that gawdawful crow's beak front end and put a decent looking fairing in it's place then I'm in. Maybe 2014?

Ian
My and many other's sentiments also.20+K for a bike that just doesn't do it for me looks-wise would be hard.Like buying a woman a house but she so ugly I dont want to be seen in public with her
Also how many of them will ever see dirt?.so why have a high front fender.How bout a street version with ST like looks and a dual sport version as shown?
Yup.And we Hope Ducati is listening.We all know how great a bike the Multi is,just dont like it's looks or price.
How hard would it be to give the 1098 a detuned motor,beefier sub frame, larger tank and TC/DSS and bags.Most of that stuff already exists in the factory.Hell one of the interns could probably whip it up in a weekend.:p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts