Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 Pikes Peak with the Skyhook suspension. I bought the bike used and have always felt that the suspension is 'off', feels to hard in the rear. It seems the suspension softens or hardens but the rebound in the rear is pretty much non-existent. It's just super slow to rebound and hence I have the feeling that my suspension is too stiff... I weigh 165 and the sport map setup is simply impossible to ride.

Recently I rode a friends 2013 Pikes Peak and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The suspension was like it should be... So I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with compression/rebound in the rear shock? Is there a history of the gas pressure decreasing? Don't know what's going on, but I've tried ALL variations to custom adjusting the settings with no avail.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
On my 2014 the bike been great everything works great but the gas guage. Shocks can be adjusted if you read the owners manual just take to get to know the bike

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've went through ALL the menu options for adjusting such as pre-load, etc. I can adjust the rear compression dampening just fine. The issue is that the rear pre-load does not change and is super 'slow'...

I was just curious if anyone else had this issue. The mechanic thinks something is wrong with the rear shock. Guess we'll find out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Have your dealer check the suspension ecu out. We bought a '14 and it was hard as a rock, had the suspension checked under warranty, and sure enough, they replaced the computer, and its perfect. I weigh about 155-160 with shorts on, probably about 165+ with gear on. Get is checked out, it should work as good as the pikes you rode.

Good luck,

·
Registered
272 Posts
The issue is that the rear pre-load does not change and is super 'slow'..

When you change the pre-load you should hear the servo motor making the adjustment. Did it with the engine off.

How many km on it? Mine has 48,000km and the suspension shop says it's probably ready for a service/rebuild.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, definitely can hear the servo motor. The bike does soften and stiffen, it's just that the rear compression dampening does not change. It simply stays super sluggish...

·
Registered
348 Posts
44,000 Ks here

When you change the pre-load you should hear the servo motor making the adjustment. Did it with the engine off.

How many km on it? Mine has 48,000km and the suspension shop says it's probably ready for a service/rebuild.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have 44000 on mine and I'm looking for some one who can rebuild/service these rear shocks, any info?

·
Registered
14 Posts
A bit of an old thread, I see. I did search around for a shop that would rebuild the Skyhook suspension. The forks are easiest since and would just need new oil, seals, and bushings. For the rear shock, Racetech in California has been known to rebuild it. My 2013 GT is at 95k miles, but most of those miles were by the previous owner. The Skyhook system has been doing well since I bought it and continues to do so. I have all the settings where I like them but would send the shock in for rebuild once the need arises.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts