Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2013 Multistrada 1200S Touring with the Sachs skyhook suspension.
One leg is leaking and by looking at the workshop manual and the specs i see some differences:

Workshop manual states:
fill with fluid OJ RACING SPECIAL FORK Sae 3.6 at 100 - 14.4 at 40°, quantity 660 cc ± 5 cc in the right-hand leg
fill with fluid OJ RACING SPECIAL FORK Sae 3.6 at 100 at 40° 14.4, quantity 239 cc ± 5 cc in the left-hand leg

Specs say to use:
SHELL Advance Fork 7.5 or Donax TA 170 mm (per leg) (*)
(*) The value refers to the air column between the free surface of the oil and the end of the sleeve, with the
latter fully lowered and without the preload pipe and spring inside the fork leg.

Shell Advance Fork 7.5 has complete different viscosities from the ones stated in the workshop manual.
Also how to fill the oil? Use the specific cc as in workshop manual or measure the 170mm gap as in specs?

This is so confusing...

Also, does anyone have the SKF part number for the correct seals? (I can get directly from SKF instead of Ducati)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2013 Multistrada 1200S Touring with the Sachs skyhook suspension.
One leg is leaking and by looking at the workshop manual and the specs i see some differences:

Workshop manual states:
fill with fluid OJ RACING SPECIAL FORK Sae 3.6 at 100 - 14.4 at 40°, quantity 660 cc ± 5 cc in the right-hand leg
fill with fluid OJ RACING SPECIAL FORK Sae 3.6 at 100 at 40° 14.4, quantity 239 cc ± 5 cc in the left-hand leg

Specs say to use:
SHELL Advance Fork 7.5 or Donax TA 170 mm (per leg) (*)
(*) The value refers to the air column between the free surface of the oil and the end of the sleeve, with the
latter fully lowered and without the preload pipe and spring inside the fork leg.

Shell Advance Fork 7.5 has complete different viscosities from the ones stated in the workshop manual.
Also how to fill the oil? Use the specific cc as in workshop manual or measure the 170mm gap as in specs?

This is so confusing...

Also, does anyone have the SKF part number for the correct seals? (I can get directly from SKF instead of Ducati)
I always fill the oil by measuring the gap. Measure it with the fork leg fully compressed and with the spring and spacer out (per instructions above). 170mm from the top of the fork tube to the top of the oil. Once the oil level is correct, re-install the spacer, spring and cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts