Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
2016 PP here. Best bike I ever owned. Great motor, handle wonderfully in the twisties (including trackdays) while been extremely comfortable, in fact I've done multiple 400+ daily rides with nothing but a smile on my face. If you get a good deal (got mine with 4,000 miles in 2018 for $14,300) absolutely get it!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Ohlins front and rear on the 16 is a nice set up... not sure if the 13 has the same...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an opportunity to get a pretty good deal on a 2013. Getting rid of my Monster 796... Tune, sprockets, etc etc. Still not every entertaining. No torque. Yawn.

I'm trying to find the pro's and con's comparing them both...

The price delta is huge between the 13/14's and the DVT models.

Is it worth it?
Thoughts?

Also, did they have a 2015 Pikes Peak in the US? Can't seem to find any used ones, but it was my understanding that the 15's were DVT's.
I own a 2011 1200S touring. I bought a 2017 1200S touring and managed to total it on my way back to Napa from Las Vegas the next day, but while driving around Las Vegas the day I bought the bike, I noticed the engine threw off a ton of heat--way more than my 2011. I called Ducati in Bologna at 3 am, and next day I called my mechanic in San Francisco. Both told me the Euro4 pollution controls on the 2017 model caused the excess heat. I believe this heat issue started in 2015. So if you plan to do a lot of city driving, you may be better off with the 2013. If you mainly will do touring and zipping through hills, the heat would not be an issue. Other than the heat, the 2017 handled a bit better and had a bit less vibration than my 2011.

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
The 15 is only hot in stop and go... but in stop and go it gets HOT. Cook your legs hot. I don’t ride in cities so it’s not an issue but these aren’t urban warriors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't find my 2016 gets that hot in stop and go... wonder if they changed anything from 2015 to 2016 in that respect.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts