Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
is there any rumors or anything about if they are going to make any changes to the Multistrada next year?? Seeing how its getting close to the end of riding season think I just might as well what till next spring to pick up a new bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in the UK, Ducati have announce the addition of an active suspension system called Skyhook for 2013. There are also stories that the front fairing has been redesigned to significantly reduce the wind noise problems...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer in México, they say Multistrada ST and PP will no longer use Ohlins forks, it will still be an electronic suspention but no more Ohlins. They also told me about new windshield design. Lets just wait until EICMA at milan on November.

·
7,733 Posts
Here in the UK, Ducati have announce the addition of an active suspension system called Skyhook for 2013. There are also stories that the front fairing has been redesigned to significantly reduce the wind noise problems...
Is this like the one on the new Beemer HP s1000rr, that supposedly adjusts damping instantly/electronically as per road conditions? I can't see how that would work other than if it was telepathic, because otherwise it will *always respond too late* IMO. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
These types of magneto-electric suspension have been on cars for a while and they seem to work well (and fast).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in the UK, Ducati have announce the addition of an active suspension system called Skyhook for 2013.
:D

you will also be able to specify if you want left or right handed screwdrivers in the toolkit;)

·
7,733 Posts
These types of magneto-electric suspension have been on cars for a while and they seem to work well (and fast).
Is that "sky hook" or something different? Whatever the approach/technology, they still only "respond" to changing road surfaces, no matter how fast the response, like conventional suspension. I'd like to try a bike with this type of suspension back to back on the same road surface at the same speed etc. against a bike with good conventional suspension and see if it's anything more than marketing hype. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
With active suspension the bike would need accelerometers or at minimum linear wheel position devices to function. F1 used active suspension at one time which was banned due to cost, (it worked extremely well but the budget teams could not afford it). For my taste the existing Ohlins works well enough. I don't need even more electronics that could fail. Adding "Skyhook" would likely add cost and no doubt complexity. Can you imagine entering a curve at full tilt ragged edge and getting a "Skyhook" error. Scary to me.

Ducati give us a smoother running engine at low speed a cruise control and reduced wind noise and all is well.

Cheers

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
Is this like the one on the new Beemer HP s1000rr, that supposedly adjusts damping instantly/electronically as per road conditions? I can't see how that would work other than if it was telepathic, because otherwise it will *always respond too late* IMO. :eek:
+1

I drove a new CTSv. Damn nice machine. I could possibly (maybe) even live with the auto box due to the lovely rev matching downshifts in manual mode, if the car was given to me. In reality, I will only ever buy MTs.

It has the magnetic ride damping. Like you said, I could feel it working, late. Coming up on a rough segment of road, I would feel compliance over the first bump, then the suspension would firm up for the rest of the bumps/undulations. I has some fun with it, but not enough time to test the suspension on enough corners.

It would be good if you had to carry Granny every once in a while, but I'm of the sort that would just want a simple, firm suspension.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Perhaps "just" a testmodel ? Given the (silver) bolts in the "beak" .....

BTW: Forks are ohlins-gold ;)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Ducati USA dealer meeting is end of september so might be some good rumors floating around after that.
Chris

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure. I have 1000 miles on the bike and I can't stand the windscreen issue. It makes me wish I did not buy it. If I can't sort it out, I'm going to trade it in for something else.
1st dibs if you decided to sell, it's red isn't it. ;)

Have you looked at the after market shields?

1 - 20 of 149 Posts