·
Registered
105 Posts
Dibs?

Thanks Audi?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I dont think Audi's recent move has anything to do with that.
The Hyper evolution must have been in the pipe for a little while now.

I'm still trying to understand the choice of using the SBK engine. It's already used in a naked (SF), a Touring (Multi) and a "cruiser" (Diavel)
Why on earth would you use it on a wanabe motard ?
I really wish Ducati would have try something to go against the SXV550...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I dont think Audi's recent move has anything to do with that.
The Hyper evolution must have been in the pipe for a little while now.

I'm still trying to understand the choice of using the SBK engine. It's already used in a naked (SF), a Touring (Multi) and a "cruiser" (Diavel)
Why on earth would you use it on a wanabe motard ?
I really wish Ducati would have try something to go against the SXV550...
Agreed, a new, high torque but relatively low HP engine would've been a much better choice.

However, I wouldn't mind the 1198 engine, even though it's a 4v and liquid cooled engine. Sure, torque comes a bit later on, but those engines have so much more power.

I also like the new lines of the hyper, especially the seat and subframe. IMHO that's how the hyper should've been in the first place.

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
Spy photo!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Unrideable.
1st gear would be even more useless as it is now probably, but I would want to try it out just to see what it would be like.

I've always felt the Hyper needed a bit more oomph, not much, just a bit(maybe the EVO already did that? I still have one of the 1st hypers).

·
Upright Racer
889 Posts
Looks like something somebody just threw together in their garage right now. If they do actually redesign the Hyper soon, I will be very interested in buying another. It would be nice to have a little different powerplant, but not sure what it would be since the SF's already use the SBK motors. I don't see them offereing the same motors in that many different models.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd guess more of a 2014 or later model bike, if at all.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looks like something somebody just threw together in their garage right now.

It fits perfectly in Ducatis marketing time schedule. Release first pics right now, see how the reaction is, then leak more and more. If you see these kind of pictures appearing on the net right now, you can be sure there will be a new model presented at Milan´s EICMA 2012.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'd guess more of a 2014 or later model bike, if at all.
Hyper was introduced in '07, evo'ed in '10 and Cors'ed in '12 with what was left of the frames.
That's a 6 years life span.

The next Hyper generation is 2013, will most likely be presented at EICMA in november and be available in Europe for xmas.
It could even happen before that, maybe this summer, considering the replacement for the 848 is almost there, and the engine used in the SF848 with most likely be used in a baby Multi next year too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am guessing that Ducati is seeing the big motard-style bikes from Aprilia, KTM, and maybe even Husqvarna/BMW as the competition for the Hyper. I bought a Hyper because of the simplicity. If I wanted a water-cooled 4-valve SBK/Motard, I probably would have bought a KTM. I guess there are just not enough people like me who want the old school engine in a light modern chasis.

Seems like a good business decision though if people will buy it......add content to the bike and up the price. It also seems like a good decision to use fewer engine configurations accross all the models.

·
Registered
587 Posts
There going to have to have there own sub forum ,no water cooling allowed here.
150HP would be sweet though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There going to have to have there own sub forum ,no water cooling allowed here.
150HP would be sweet though.
150HP for what? what would you even be able to do with that aside from find yourself in an early grave. i feel like 150hp in our bikes would be too much.. i'm hoping, once i'm done with the mods, to squeeze out a little more than 100hp

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
my thoughts are this...not this blk and wht ..but like this

my evo sp has 98-100 rwhp depending on the dyno and lots of torque 110nm from memory...weights about 164 kgs..stock gearing runs just over 230 kmph

if the new bike has like 130+ hp and has no more weight and the same gearing it will be kinda un-rideable.....i can barely keep my wheel on the ground now.(infact i was gonna gear it the other way).having an ape 550 that too is impossible on a tight kart track as it is, it will wheelie off every turn (maybe the 450 is better)..which is fun for the first month...and on the street at times..but my mates smoke me everywhere but the straights on there kx450's ..and on the straights i go past them literally on the back wheel....so i feel if the new bike has simialr weights and gearing.(to the current hyper).then alot more HP is not the answer..as you'd just buy a st fighter , which at a track is kinda usless too? again just my veiw..... b/c there is nothing really motard about the hyper anyhow...as its too frigging heavy as it stands

1 - 20 of 850 Posts