Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently having an issue with my bike sputtering at lower RPMs. The bike doesn’t get rid much but I do start it up every few weeks and riding around the block. Will today since the weather was nice I decided to take a little road trip and after about 10 miles it started sputtering real bad at low RPM. Once it’s above 5000 RPMs are so it runs fine. Everything is original including the battery. Could the battery be the culprit

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If it starts it's not likely to be the battery.

FWIW, if you start the bike up in the winter time, you want to make sure and ride/run it until it's fully up to operating temperature so that any condensation gets boiled off. If you just start it and don't let it fully warm up, it will attract condensation that will rust the internals of your engine once all the oil settles in your pan.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
whats up john long time no see you post!

Ahh... the 13' Hypermotards... the problem child. Good looking bike and very capable but those finicky electronics cannot let the bike shine.

Has this been a problem for awhile? Any limp mode instances? May be the beggining of something..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats up john long time no see you post!

Ahh... the 13' Hypermotards... the problem child. Good looking bike and very capable but those finicky electronics cannot let the bike shine.

Has this been a problem for awhile? Any limp mode instances? May be the beggining of something..

What’s up Carlo, it has been a while. I ended up with my buddy Jeff’s bike (the one who passed away three years ago). It’s really weird it just started doing it today. I rode the bike about two weeks ago and it ran tiptop. Has had fresh oil changes every year even though it sits and has been stored in a climate controlled garage. It could even be old fuel but it runs really strong on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi, The bike has the Engine light one at all? k100 is very good to treat the fuel. Also may be a dirty O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No engine light at all, going to try and siphon out the old fuel and put in some new fuel

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out the bike has two open recalls . One of which deals with the fueling directly. Bike is in the shop

·
Registered
406 Posts
Turns out the bike has two open recalls . One of which deals with the fueling directly. Bike is in the shop

yeah - that was some time ago. Not exactly recalls. They'll replace the TCU - which is probably your problem, update the ecu to the latest specs, and put in the canbus filter. I believe, early on, there was also a head bearing seal - might want to ask about that.

Hope that solves your problem - but in the long run, a machine that's not used, will have issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts