Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1199 of auction and fixed it up, on my first ride I see that the quick shifter won’t engage when I pull the lever up while accelerating over 5k, but on the display the DQS says on, don’t know what might be the cause, the auto blipper works but not quick shifter, anyone knows what might be the cause?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kevin you said you get it from and auction and fixed it up. question, the clutch lever was damage? or has a strong hit on that side? I used to race on a 1199, and once when i damage the clutch lever and hit the ground, damages the pin of the clutch switch under the lever.
Believe it or not, this switch is conected to the QS, and then to de ECU. In my case the pin was fix in the ON position (like if the clutch is always pressed), then de ECU asumes that, and the QS wont work. I change the switch and no issue at all. Just a guess....
let me know.
good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin you said you get it from and auction and fixed it up. question, the clutch lever was damage? or has a strong hit on that side? I used to race on a 1199, and once when i damage the clutch lever and hit the ground, damages the pin of the clutch switch under the lever.
Believe it or not, this switch is conected to the QS, and then to de ECU. In my case the pin was fix in the ON position (like if the clutch is always pressed), then de ECU asumes that, and the QS wont work. I change the switch and no issue at all. Just a guess....
let me know.
good luck
Omg, I just remember the switch pin is kinda messed up from the accident, clutch lever was broken off. when I pull the clutch in the pin goes in but it won’t come out when I let go of the clutch, I should try to buy one off ebay. What’s the name of that little switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
search on ebay
"ducati 1199 clutch switch"
dont confuse with the bracke, its diferent side and operate diferent!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, Just bought a 2013 1199. Only rode it 3 times. Tried quick shifter each time on bike. 1st 2 times felt really smooth. Just been on bike tonight and it would not work. Before I take it back to dealer is there anything I can check??
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts