Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Temporary greeter
23,095 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well, I like a few upgrades such as the heated grips and power outlets.

But I am not liking the revised tail section at all, even though I think the bags are great. Since swapping an entire tail section is a more hassle than I would want to deal with for the occasional trip (and then back) I think I will just get a tail bag for such occasions, and make sure not to take anything that won't fit in it.

I like my original Diavel sexy tail section :D

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
why make the unique looking diavel look like a multi. People should leave it alone, besides its a sin to cover up that beautiful rear wheel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
not my thing. looks like some broke into ducati parts department and put on all that stuff to steal it. Turning the bike into something else but that's just my .02

·
Registered
39 Posts
First Honda comes out with a Goldwing bagger and now this. I guess they are borrowing from Hardley Fergusen's playbook by making 50 variations of the same bike.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Has anyone rode or ownes one of these? I have an 1100s multi and I'm looking for a bike like this. I'm concerned about the wind buffeting and how hard it would be to keep the soft bags clean.

I'm considering just getting a red and white one and adding the screen and a top bag if possible. But I need a good seat so this may be the best value. However, I'm going to have to settle on the blaaa paint.......:mad: I'm not sure I want to spend this amount and ride a gray bike...... May have to do a custom paint job.

Any advice would be appreciated. If someone has the time for a phone call I would appreciate that too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
While the D-Strada doesn't appeal to me. That doesn't mean it won't for someone else. The Diavel is such a great bike..... why not make it more "roomy" and comfortable for the long distance guys?

If I was thinking to travel more than an overnight back pack trip, I think I would look for a regular Diavel and add what I needed for wind protection and storage. Just my take..... then you can have it both ways. Resale might come into play here as well. I would think most folks shopping for the Diavel are looking for the standard configuration. At least around here.... my dealer has sold 0 Strada's.

They really should offer that bike in black as well. Not sure about that gray color myself. That would be my biggest hold back if I was interested in the extra storage options. I don't find the wind blast bad at all with no screen. But that's just me. I kinda like it actually lol.

Good luck on your choice!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I was torn about the new look. Disliked it for only a few seconds and realized just how much I would enjoy the baby on a loooooong cross continent ride. I specially appreciate the comfort since I ride an SC...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts