Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Messing around in photoshop(poorly i might add) and created this 848 Corse with red & gloss black fairings...I like it, I might do this to my 1198 through some cheap Chinese fairings.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Very nice.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
IIRC the 1198 that was painted in this specific theme was done for Ducati's upper corporate guys. It was a special silver/gray/blk w/ ghosted in Corse logos. I saw one at Eurosport Ducati/Triumph/Aprilia a year so ago and asked about the unusual livery. I believe it had Ohlins full suspension. not positive.
It was a stunning paint job in person, especially the ghosted in touches. The red looks much better on the 848/1198 fairings then the 1199's...

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
follow the stripe on the tank across the nose section (double stripe and a little less black)
Agree with Mike, and if I may suggest a further change... Follow the beltline stripe on the tank forward thru the faring. Everything from there up is red, from there down is black. Except for the Ducati Corse logo... That is red, and angled to be as parallel as possible with the existing 848 Evo text. And some red wheels... Badass!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was looking for something like this due to the fact I do not wanna change gas tanks, this way if I did do it all I would have to add is some vinyl for the stripe on the bottom of the tank.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Do you guys mean like this?
No... I was thinking of all red from the beltline (stripe) up and all gloss black from that point down. Then the Ducati Corse logo on the lower faring in the same red, but aligned (parallel) with the 848 Evo logo on the upper faring. And gloss red wheels...

Badass...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No... I was thinking of all red from the beltline (stripe) up and all gloss black from that point down. Then the Ducati Corse logo on the lower faring in the same red, but aligned (parallel) with the 848 Evo logo on the upper faring. And gloss red wheels...

Badass...
Worst Idea EVER!!!!

just kidding, yea i'm still not getting it:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They do when you pay some company in china to make some fairings lol. I was looking at the Rossi graphics, but I didn't want just another race replica. That's just me

Sent from my iPhone using 9th Level in Hell

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
They do when you pay some company in china to make some fairings lol. I was looking at the Rossi graphics, but I didn't want just another race replica. That's just me

Sent from my iPhone using 9th Level in Hell
I agree if I were to paint a bike it would be a custom job for sure!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts