Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally threw in the towel and broke down for some Andreani cartridges. A worthwhile upgrade. I like to say, the best thing you can say about suspension is that it doesn't call attention to itself. That sure wasn't the case with the Marzocchi's. So after 7 days of this I'd say the only thing I might change is the next softer springs. I'm not running any pre-load or additional compression damping. The biggest problem with the Marzocchi's is that from the factory the cartridges are not bled properly. On mine that meant the first third of travel had no dampening. And that's on replacement legs! (i had the defective run).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also added Andreani cartridges to my '14 SP's fork, and agree with your thoughts. It's way better IMHO. I asked for soft springs for my 155 lb weight, and mentioned that I don't take it to the track. While I wouldn't have a Hper if I didn't like to ride fast, it's a frick'n Hyper MOTARD and with all that travel, it should be sprung and valved to use it! I measured with a zip tie, and I was only using 3.5" of the available 8" of travel with the stock set-up, and never could get enough sag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts