Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
There were very few bikes there that appealed to me at all.

(The old single did.)

What happened to simplicity? Design instead of decoration? Form reflecting function?

All I saw was "look at me" paint, decals and glitz that made me more likely to look away.

Am I alone?

-don

PS - I'm not into tattoos and body jewelery either. :eek:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
wow, that was a letdown. single was most interesting, for sure. but, I don't like it. and I just realized that the more I see of the drivel, the worse it looks. at least with the 999 and the proboscistrada, I got used to them.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,087 Posts
There were very few bikes there that appealed to me at all.

(The old single did.)

What happened to simplicity? Design instead of decoration? Form reflecting function?

All I saw was "look at me" paint, decals and glitz that made me more likely to look away.

Am I alone?

-don

PS - I'm not into tattoos and body jewelery either. :eek:
I agree. The 1170 was the only one that did anything for me.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
A bunch of bolt ons and a paint job never impresses me. Anyone with a credit card can pull that off. I'd prefer something that outwardly looks stock but has the work done where it counts.

The 1170 was neat because it was truly customized, even if it isn't my style.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So which bike won, please?

I voted for the F01, as the bike was assembled in the UK :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Being a UK visitor to WDW, location was only part of my reasoning, I also thought it was the best executed Ducati at the contest, hence my vote:

I'd still like to know which bike won?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.