Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 08 hyper with a termi 2-1 that I tragically had to sell in order to pay for a semester of school 6 years ago. Times have changed, and I'm back in the market for the only bike I've ever truly regretted selling. Now in the process of picking up a low mile 2012 evo SP. Unfortunately, in my time away, it appears that several of the parts and pieces I always wanted for my dream bike aren't exactly easy to find anymore.

Ducshop intake stack kit looks unavailable. Corse Dynamics kit a suitable replacement?

Also would like an aluminum subframe, but the one motowheels used to import is now unobtainium. Start scouring eBay and the classifieds?

Other than that, an SC project 2-1, rexxer flash, and some weight reduction and I'll be ready to go!

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
985 Posts
That's great you're getting back on a Hyper! :) It sounds like you have some great plans in store for it.

I'm not sure about the availability of the Ducshop stacks anymore but I can vouch that the Corse Dynamics velocity stack kit works well and most here that run it seem to like it.

That's a good question in regards to the aluminum subframe. There hasn't been much discussion around them in a while and am not up to speed on the current availability of them either. Another option would be to place a "want" ad here in the classifieds for one. Someone who may have sold their bike already may have removed theirs and kept to it to sell separately.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
"Also would like an aluminum subframe, but the one motowheels used to import is now unobtainium."

You can get the Titanium one from NCR but its $1,995.00 one of the lower priced parts of the
$ 140,000.00 NCR Leggera Hypermotard. They also have a $76,000.00 version but it weighs
347lbs Vs less than 300lbs for the $140,000.00 version.

I have the Corse Dynamics Performance Intake kit and really like it but I might have to remove
it to fit the Ca Cycle works Big tank you cant have stacks and the big tank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw the NCR catalog last night. Why stop there when I can get an entire frame for only $15k?!

Good idea with the WTB ad. Think I'm going to get the MWR lid rather than stacks anyhow.

I thought I read someone suggesting that the SP got a lighter subframe anyway, but it's just painted black....right?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
[QUOTE
I thought I read someone suggesting that the SP got a lighter subframe anyway, but it's just painted black....right?[/QUOTE]

You are correct the subframe is the same. "Further enhancing the power-to-weight ratio is a lighter chassis. The rear part of the frame has small machined pieces for the suspension’s pick-up points replacing the previous large and heavy forged steel section. "

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
couldnt make them TOO much lighter than the then-unborn 821s!

Am I too new of a member to start in on that? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts