Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have specs on the height? sweep? rise? in MM please thanx in advance

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
I have a second bar that's off the bike. I can check when I get home, if no one's posted the specs by then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think to measure mine when I took them off ans have sold them on now......I've got the ProTaper EVO's

ProTaper EVO Handlebars - Bend: CR High
(mm) (A)800 (B)95 (C)71 (D)204 (E)60
Handlebar mounting / clamp section (D) diameter - 1⅛" (1.125" or 28.6mm)

I have a set of EVO cr high also sitting around in garage, but they look lower,so thats why i wanted to find out specs.How do they feel to you compared to stock?
I have a second bar that's off the bike. I can check when I get home, if no one's posted the specs by then.
sweet thank you, i def want to find out before i order a new set or put on my cr high evo bars

·
Registered
504 Posts
+1, me too, great change - search for member Eric - he can help you.
A Protaper along with higher pegs - great improvement.
I didn't think to measure mine when I took them off ans have sold them on now......I've got the ProTaper EVO's

ProTaper EVO Handlebars - Bend: CR High
(mm) (A)800 (B)95 (C)71 (D)204 (E)60
Handlebar mounting / clamp section (D) diameter - 1⅛" (1.125" or 28.6mm)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Will not just bolt right on.
I take this is a question. No, a standard will not bolt on.
You need an O/S "oversize" handlebar. Where the bar clamps onto the mount it is a 1" diameter whereas a standard bar is the same size as out @ the grips, 7/8". The O/S bars taper in diameter from the middle outwards.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Evo bar will not fit as well too short for all the controls.
well i want the width to be shorter anyway, i know you can take off 3/4" off from each end of stock bars and make work, so thats not my concern, the rise is whats important and sweep.thats why i asked for dimensions,before i have to rip off myself and check them. thannx anyway

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
33" wide, 3.5" high, 2" rise, 3.5" sweep.

Converted:

838.2mm, 88.9mm, 50.8mm, 88.9mm.

Please keep in mind, I might be off by a few mm. I've been up for almost 40 hours...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
33" wide, 3.5" high, 2" rise, 3.5" sweep.

Converted:

838.2mm, 88.9mm, 50.8mm, 88.9mm.

Please keep in mind, I might be off by a few mm. I've been up for almost 40 hours...

THANK u very much!,exactly what i wanted

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the risk of having my account frozen and all posting privileges revoked, i've been toying with the idea, or at least thinking about what it might be and/or look like, to put a set of...dare i say it... ape hangers on my Multi...that's it, I've said it, and once I hit the "submit reply" button it'll be too late to take it back and you will all know my secret

·
Registered
667 Posts
:eek: ...............ATV bars maybe (ATV bars MTS1200 conversion)

I have a set of EVO cr high also sitting around in garage, but they look lower,so thats why i wanted to find out specs.How do they feel to you compared to stock?
A fraction lower and the straighter profile puts the bar ends a little forward of the OE position........exactly what I wanted for a more purposeful riding position and also more comfortable for me as a bonus having lower back problems (slight lean forward means less weight through my lower spine).
Erik's (aka 'Ebrew') extension kit is required to fit the stock controls - see here: Multistrada 1200 / MTS1200 - Removal / Refitting Handlebars

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
At the risk of having my account frozen and all posting privileges revoked, i've been toying with the idea, or at least thinking about what it might be and/or look like, to put a set of...dare i say it... ape hangers on my Multi...that's it, I've said it, and once I hit the "submit reply" button it'll be too late to take it back and you will all know my secret
Wow, the local BMW dealer is also a Harley Shop. I'm constantly amused at some of the bikes that run through the place. We went for a 1400 mile ride last summer and some of the Harley guys came along. There were several guys riding Screaming Eagles with huge Ape Hangers. These guys were haulin the mail on some pretty demanding back roads. I would have never thought someone could ride such a pig (HOG) at such a rate of speed, on small curvy roads with such lousy ergonomics. If and when you install your bars, please send me a high pixel image as I have the perfect place in my garage for such a photo. Maybe you should chrome it out?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
has anyone seen or heard of carbon fiber bars? i've seen carbon clipons
Yes, I think LaRossa has a set on his bike...I'm sure I saw pictures of them on his bike...I cann't find the post, but maybe your better at searching than me. Good luck, The one I saw looked great!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I cann't find Jack or LaRossa's bike on page 28...I did find it again on page 109 #1087 With his pictures of his new carbon bars from Kermaxx.
And yes, they look like the cat's ass:D

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/102844-what-did-you-do-your-multistrada-today-109.html

I'ld post his pics here, but I can not figure out how to thieve them.:confused:

Found a link to the company making them, they got some cool colors!
Products - Kermaxx

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bars!

OK, I've searched and can't find it. What are the measurements of the stock bars on the MTS? I'm planning on replacing 'em, but want to know what the etc/etc are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts