Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy, i'm looking to raise my bars. any recommendations?

thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I much prefer my bike with risers on. I am tall with long arms but I grew up on dirt bikes and I just like more elbow bend. More comfortable and better steering control.

Dexter,
SW Motech has some: Handlebar Riser. h 30 mm. Black. Ducati Multistrada 1200 (10-). - Handlebar Riser. h 30 mm. Black. Ducati Multistrada 1200 (10-). - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

but I sort of made my own out of generic dirt bike spacers. A how to here: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/106062-mts1200-raised-handlebars-el-cheapo-fast-easy.html

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just bot the Touratech risers, and will be changing bars too.
Tall, long arms and like to be more upright.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
750 Posts
6' 0" with short(ish) arms, so I went with the SW Motech 30mm risers for a perfect fit. They make a comfy bike even more so for me.

FYI 30mm is the highest you can go and not have cable issues, but you WILL contact the stock screen ever so slightly at full lock when the screen is in certain positions. This can be cured by making a small adjustment to the steering stops. :cool:

-SM

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
dexter,
They look good and seem to move the bars up and back a little. They should be way easier to fit than the riser types like the SW-Motech that replace the entire handlebar rubber mount. For $110 they chould be either well made or titanium :D

Note that my "el-cheapo" risers move my bars mainly up and the control cables and hydraulic lines are OK but it is a close thing. If you use the Speigler risers, you may have to arrange the lines carefully and especially make sure the throttle cables are loose enough not to pull when the bars are at full lock.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I noticed that the 2013 Grandturismo has taller risers and black bars! I must assume that the oem set is better than the spacers I used, and I like the black bars! Damn it!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
30mm risers for me

Difference between dirt bike backrounds and performance bike backrounds I think. I've been dirt bikin 40+ yrs with 4 or 5 dualsport bikes thrown in. You get used to all that sitting up, and being able to stand.
My first impression when I threw my leg over demo Multi was "handlebars need to come up" . Of course second impression within a few miles was,
"I'll be getting one of these!!!!!"
The 30mm risers are necessary for standing on these rougher Missouri gravel roads (oh yes I do):D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Difference between dirt bike backrounds and performance bike backrounds I think. I've been dirt bikin 40+ yrs with 4 or 5 dualsport bikes thrown in. You get used to all that sitting up, and being able to stand.
My first impression when I threw my leg over demo Multi was "handlebars need to come up" . Of course second impression within a few miles was,
"I'll be getting one of these!!!!!"

The 30mm risers are necessary for standing on these rougher Missouri gravel roads (oh yes I do):D
My exact thoughts!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I guess every bike is a little different because I could not use the SW Motech 30mm risers on mine at all.

Loosened/re-routed everything I could get to, but no luck -- the throttle would engage at just a 1/2 turn. :confused:

I've put risers on a bunch of bikes and never had a problem. I called Twisted Throttle for help, but they had never heard of this problem on the Multi either. I decided to leave well enough alone and went back to stock.

Maybe something got kinked up on set-up at the dealership??? I dunno. Anyway, I'm really happy with the bike but figured I'd offer a heads-up with my experience.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My problem with higher bars is that when they are in a great position for standing, they are like ape hangers when sitting. That causes my shoulders to get tired quicker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts