Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2012 monster 1100 Evo traction control not working

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dankatz 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 monster 1100 Evo, traction control is not working. Dealer tried to turn the light off using the Ducati tool and FI light keeps coming on and they can't figure out the problem. Text said they placed a call to Ducati and they couldn't help either since the bike is under warranty anymore. Is anyone out there seeing this problem and have any advice or Solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bike is in mint condition other than this issue. It has been sitting as it only has 1300 original miles.

#3 ·
The monster 1100 Evo does not have abs and abs does not communicate with the engine ECU or the dashboard via a can line. It doesn't have a can line. I'm not absolutely sure how the tracks control works as the wheel speed sensors are connected to the ABS control module if the ABS control module is not connected to the engine ECU. The problem is 2 the engine ECU keeps logging two errors for traction control one being frame counter error and the second one being mute node error. You can erase the errors and as soon as you key off and key on the FI light comes on and both ears are blocked in again the engine ECU if anyone out there has seen this issue and call and can offer any advice it would be deeply

#4 ·
The monster 1100 Evo does not have abs and abs does not communicate with the engine ECU or the dashboard via a can line. It doesn't have a can line. I'm not absolutely sure how the tracks control works as the wheel speed sensors are connected to the ABS control module if the ABS control module is not connected to the engine ECU. The problem is 2 the engine ECU keeps logging two errors for traction control one being frame counter error and the second one being mute node error. You can erase the errors and as soon as you key off and key on the FI light comes on and both ears are blocked in again the engine ECU if anyone out there has seen this issue and call and can offer any advice it would be deeply
I've looked around...lots of others with the problem...nobody referencing any solutions...few curiosities tho...you have one of the first gen DTC bikes...how worn is the rear tire in comparison to the front? The current iteration of DTC works on wheel spin percentages and activates more and more aggressively as the two differentiate in wear...even tho there is traction, it's just interpreted as wheel spin...just thinking out loud...but what if when it reaches a certain point rather than cut in which would be annoying at best it goes into error mode instead...

#5 ·
You're absolutely right, tire size specifically circumference wood would play into how the traction control works. But this bike only has 1,300 original miles and the tire is like new. I also counted the teeth on the front sprocket to make sure no one put a 14 tooth sprocket on it and they haven't it has a 15 tooth sprocket on the front. The model year is 2012.It hasn't been ridden much. Thank you for looking into it for me if we find a solution to the problem with this machine we can help others because I'm quite sure this isn't the only monster 1100 Evo that has this issue.

#6 ·
I did not want to just arbitrarily start throwing Parts at this machine to try to fix it because an engine ECU is $2,000 from the dealer! And the wiring harness is over $1,000! From the dealer.what makes this more frustrating is the dealer can't figure it out and they said they called Ducati and they couldn't help either!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.