Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO from this shady dealership that sold it to me without disclosing key information. But the bike had a few issues I found out about once I got home. I installed a new fuel pump, changed oil, new plugs and charcoal box delete. Today while riding at 50mph the but cut off and will not crank back up. Will attempt to crank but not fire up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I once bought a bike that had been down and wouldn't restart. Turned out to be the tip-over switch.
So the basics are: fuel, spark, compression. The easiest thing to check is spark. pull the plugs, put the plug wire back on one and crank the bike. Does it spark? If not you may need an electrical diagram to see where the fault is. If it sparks put a compression tester on the bike. If compression and spark are both good, then you have a fueling problem. You can trickle a little gas down the throttle body and see if it fires, or give it a SMALL squirt of starter fluid. Take it one step at a time. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts