Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed the 2012 model lower seat man it changes the riding position in terms of foot controls, and moves you forward a lot made two three inches feels weird . Is it just me anyone else tried one ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
How much lower is it?

I am as they say "inseam challenged".. I got the comfort "tour seat" because that put me about a half inch closer to the ground due to the shape of the seat. How much lower is the "low seat" ?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
There is A LOT about seats on Multistrada.net....and I'm sure here. There is a lot of 'information' ref seat heights and profiles...one of the favorites being that the 'touring' seat is 'narrower' than the 'lower' seat and thus allows you to get more 'foot on the ground' as it does not 'spread' your legs. Well I have the low seat...(it is a bit lower but not at all comfortable) and now I have the ''sports/touring" seat (96797811B), which is not really much narrower. I had a car seat shop shave about 1cm off this seat...and make it as 'narrow' as they could. I have ridden many long trips and I find it comfortable BUT still could not get enough foot on the ground for my liking. Not wanting to enter the realms of lowering the bike…I took the advice of a contributor on Multistrada.net and got about 2cm added to the soles/heels of my boots. Now that was by no means an easy task and I had to have about four or five goes at this…but now I have got it right…and I can get the balls of both feet firmly planted…and that will do for me. (I am 5’6+” and about a 29” inside leg…and that’s if someone really friendly is pushing the tape measure well into my ‘inside leg’!) I’m now a happy bunny….well in that respect at least. (Though I still hope no one is watching me get on and off the bike….but that’s another story!). Nick

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am as they say "inseam challenged".. I got the comfort "tour seat" because that put me about a half inch closer to the ground due to the shape of the seat. How much lower is the "low seat" ?
The low seat is 25mm lower than the standard seat.

Having said that, as the shape of the low seat is wide and flat, your legs are splayed out and apart making it more difficult to reach the ground. Also it makes it more difficult to slide across the seat to get a foot on the ground.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for that info

The low seat is 25mm lower than the standard seat.

Having said that, as the shape of the low seat is wide and flat, your legs are splayed out and apart making it more difficult to reach the ground. Also it makes it more difficult to slide across the seat to get a foot on the ground.
I'll stick with the Comfort seat. I can get both balls of my feet down with the Sidi canyon boots so as long as I dont get into any awkward positions as far as stopping goes I should be alright.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So Correct me if im wrong, the comfort seat DOES actally put your feet firmly on the ground?

Im a short ass to and have short ass legs. I find the standard seat a bit high as well. Ive nearlly dropped the dam bike a few times pulling up at the pub!

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
...stop going to the pub & park next door!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Raff....there is no answer to that. The comfort seat higher than the low seat...but it is more comfortable. (IMHO). with 29" inside leg...one (meaning me) is never going to get both feet flat on the ground...but is that important?
Some people feel the comfort seat is narrower, therefore does not spread your legs...so you get 'more' foot on the deck....marginal I would say.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So Correct me if im wrong, the comfort seat DOES actally put your feet firmly on the ground?

Im a short ass to and have short ass legs. I find the standard seat a bit high as well. Ive nearlly dropped the dam bike a few times pulling up at the pub!
Personally, I went from standard seat to low seat to touring seat.

The touring seat, although taller than both the standard and low seats, is rounder and does not splay your legs apart. And is easier to slide across to one side to get your foot flat on the ground.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I’m kind of short-coupled myself. I’ve found that SWAT boots provide very thick soles along with excellent traction on iffy surfaces.

I have my Urban setting with rear pre-load set at absolute minimum. Going to Urban when mounting or dismounting or coming to a traffic stop in iffy conditions is, for me at least, a material help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts