Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the process of preparing my Hyper for a fork seal replacement and installation of the California Cycleworks 6.4 gallon tank.

Does anyone have a service manual for servicing the Marzocchi forks?

I ended up buying fork seals from All Balls Racing and a fork cap tool from the U.K. so I have some time for the tool to arrive.

Any help is appreciated.

Ruben

·
Registered
25 Posts
No on the manual, might be able to get a copy of the fishe from a dealer.
And thumbs up on the tank; it was the first mod I put on my '11, and wow - I can go for a day ride without topping off at every station I come across, good things!
-Griff

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point about the parts fiche but I wanted something descriptive in a step by step manner.

I look forward to not worrying about fuel when I'm riding and am curious about changes in handling, if any.

·
Registered
Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP Corse
158 Posts
I looked around before I serviced mine and didn't find much but it's fairly basic.
Make sure you bleed the cartridge.

Try this

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked around before I serviced mine and didn't find much but it's fairly basic.
Make sure you bleed the cartridge.

Try this
Thanks for the lead and advice on bleeding the cartridge. I ordered a 50 mm seal driver after reading the link.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question. How far above the triple clamp is the original height for the forks? I noticed in some Ducati stock images that my forks seems a bit higher.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP FSM

Refitting the front forks
Refit the fork legs, positioning them at the height shown in the figure relative to the upper surface of the bottom yoke (4).

267.3mm +/- .5mm from top of lower triple clamp to top of fork tube.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP FSM

Refitting the front forks
Refit the fork legs, positioning them at the height shown in the figure relative to the upper surface of the bottom yoke (4).

267.3mm +/- .5mm from top of lower triple clamp to top of fork tube.

View attachment 1005443
Outstanding, Corsemoto. Thanks for that clarification. I’ve been riding the bike in it’s present condition for at least 7k miles!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Short guy probably owned it before you.
I met a guy in my local riding an 1198 and had the tubes way up in the clamps like that, told him to get that sorted before he gets some wild tank slappers. He said the guy he bought it from was about 5’3”. (1.6m)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Short guy probably owned it before you.
I met a guy in my local riding an 1198 and had the tubes way up in the clamps like that, told him to get that sorted before he gets some wild tank slappers. He said the guy he bought it from was about 5’3”. (1.6m)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tank slappers...such a trigger word from my early Monster days. Why a shorty would buy the Corse model is beyond me, but I digress.

Tank came in today! Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts