Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for my friend:

2012 Evo Sp. Last week i left my bike outside and it seems that someone decided to take a piss on my bike. I tried to start it but the CEL light came on and nothing happened. I then realized someone had pissed on it so i washed the bike down. Loaded it up in my truck and brought it to my mechanic, i went by his shop a few days later and it started right up. We both figured it was because the bike got wet which was very odd. Well he finally got some work done to the bike that he was supposed to do and left the bike outside for me to pick up tonight. It has rained all day and now when i went to get the bike its got the same issue. This is very of because i have ridden a lot of miles in the rain and its spent many days out in the rain and i never has this issue. I do have a steering stabilizer which i thought may have been an issue with the key immobilizer but i don't think thats it. I saw another post that water got into the tank somehow, but i don't have that issue as i have a tank bag on and the fuel cap is covered. This is the second time this happened in a row in a week and its driving me nuts. I do not want to get stranded again. Any luck from anyone that has dealt with this before. Its clearly a rain issue because it started right up a few days later in the shop when it was dry.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts