Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Hyper 796 suspension swap with 1100Evo SP

I have a 2012 Hyper 796 and i also happen to have the complete front end from a 2010/11 1100Evo SP for a different project but now I'm going to probably shelve it. Since the Hyper 796 isn't a great handling bike from the factory. I was wondering if the 1100Evo SP forks are a direct swap to the 796 headstock/frame?

And if they are a direct swap (in all likelihood), the next question is that the 1100Evo SP suspension is taller than the 796 on both ends, if i just swapped out the front suspension and leave the rear as it is, i wonder how it would affect the handling? if i just changed over to a rear shock from the 1100Evo SP then i should be good to go.

On hindsight i wish i just got the 1100S/Evo as the 796 lacks the punchy torque i miss.

I wonder if anyone went this route. Your suggestions would greatly help.

Edit: I was confused about which suspension it was 1100S or Evo SP, these have a DLC coating on the inner tubes and have the Brembo monoblocs so I'm sure these are Evo SP shocks. The Evo SP travel is 1.2inch higher than the 796 and the rear has .5 inch more travel. Not sure what is the difference in actual length of the suspension.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 2012 Hyper 796 and i also happen to have the complete front end from a 2010/11 1100Evo SP for a different project but now I'm going to probably shelve it. Since the Hyper 796 isn't a great handling bike from the factory. I was wondering if the 1100Evo SP forks are a direct swap to the 796 headstock/frame?

And if they are a direct swap (in all likelihood), the next question is that the 1100Evo SP suspension is taller than the 796 on both ends, if i just swapped out the front suspension and leave the rear as it is, i wonder how it would affect the handling? if i just changed over to a rear shock from the 1100Evo SP then i should be good to go.

On hindsight i wish i just got the 1100S/Evo as the 796 lacks the punchy torque i miss.

I wonder if anyone went this route. Your suggestions would greatly help.

Edit: I was confused about which suspension it was 1100S or Evo SP, these have a DLC coating on the inner tubes and have the Brembo monoblocs so I'm sure these are Evo SP shocks. The Evo SP travel is 1.2inch higher than the 796 and the rear has .5 inch more travel. Not sure what is the difference in actual length of the suspension.

Also 1100 S has DLC coating and brembo monoblocks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts