Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The turn signal switch on my multi is having issues so I figured I would replace it. I was hoping the cable would be near the navigation power plug on the LHS but alas... it appears to be part of a large wire loom that goes under the gas tank.

I have removed all the body parts and can even lift the tank. Just need to disconnect the quick release and vent tubes... but...

The wire looms next to the fuse box and relays on the LHS appear quite connected to the gas tank. I removed a screw from the "sled" the wires appear attached to but it still seems quite attached to the tank.

Anyone have tips here? Seems like if I cut the zip ties the relay box is still connected to this sled (via a rather large rubber grommet) ... but the bottom of the sled seems to just be "inserted" into a hole on the tank. Can't pull it out easily and figured I would ask for help before I give it a good yank and break something.

:confused:

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Its been a long time since I have taken that switch off of a Multi, but I'm 99% certain that the plug is by the ignition button as it goes into the loom. Pull back the flexible rubber and dig around. You should find a bunch of connectors. You don't need to take the tank off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just removed my tank the other day. You will have to cut the 3 zip ties that hold the wires in the cradle. The cradle is bolted to the tank but you will not have to remove it to remove the fuel tank. I got the tank off the 2 mounting screws up front and then popped it off the bracket in the rear. I then slid the wires (harness) off to the right and was able to slide the tank off. I hopes this helps!!!!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its been a long time since I have taken that switch off of a Multi, but I'm 99% certain that the plug is by the ignition button as it goes into the loom. Pull back the flexible rubber and dig around. You should find a bunch of connectors. You don't need to take the tank off.
Right you are. Found it. Still a little bit of a PITA but done!

Thanks for the advice.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. How in the hell do I remember these obscure things????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts