Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Took a weekend ride up to visit Mom, 70 miles each way almost completely on highway (85mph or greater).
Bike is an '11 'tard EVO SP, with CA Cycle HM69 tank, Termi 2-1, and has DDA pack although I've never used it. Stock gearing.
Bike started and ran fine outbound, started and ran fine on the way back until I made a fuel stop. Then it wouldn't start and behaved as if the battery was due for replacement, and to be fair, yes it is due. I, like many of you, have also experienced occasional difficulty with hot starts on this machine, usually they subside if you give it a few more minutes to cool down, this time I wasn't so fortunate.
I got a jump start and the bike fired quickly and I was on my way. Bike ran as expected all the way home, however idling at the 1st light after exiting the highway, the engine light came on, and went out as I pulled away. Then the light came on steady for the last mile to the house. Oil level is in the middle of range, this was on a dry day, to eliminate oil pressure and water gremlins.
Suspecting a dying battery, I replaced the battery with a spare and connected the Tender overnight. When I tried starting this morning, the headlight shone brightly, and the fuel pump could be heard running steadily, but still just click-click-click, acts like I need a new battery.
There is a chance the spare battery needs to head for the recycler. But can anyone out there guide me on retrieving/interpreting error codes please?
Many thanks,
Griff

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello All,
I tried the error code lookup, no codes appeared. I probably did the button pushing incorrectly - also, I was fresh out of chickens to sacrifice and the dogs were looking at me strangely.
But with the addition of a new, and fully charged battery everything is back to normal, the bike fired on the first tap of the starter, no engine lights, no sirens (yet).
Thanks again for the support and guidance,
-Griff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts