Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have stripped my 2011 MTS1200 fairings down to do an annual deep clean and inspection. I can't remember how the LCD Display connector is removed. The entire front top fairing and windscreen frame are all one part with the Display attached so I need to get the display harness connector off to remove it. The cable is too short for me to rotate the assembly and get a look under the display. There is a flange on top of the connector that I can depress to release, but the bottom of the connector doesn't have the same flange interface. I am afraid of breaking it. Does anyone have diagrams or pictures of how to remove this connector from below the display please?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrCanBus,
Thanks for the answer. when I press down on the release on top of the connector, is it the large outer shell that is supposed to come free or is it the small body with the wires going into it, and the clip on it that comes free from the outer body? Neither of these are coming loose for me so I'll have to pull really hard. I want to be sure I am pulling on the right part, again, so I don't break anything.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, thanks again. Top clip depressed, and I had to really work to get the connector free from its shell on the display. Good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts