Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2011 Multistrada 1200S Touring about a month ago. When I did the test ride I could go into the suspension settings, but the heated grips didn't work. The dealership told me they would re-flash it to get the grips working. Once I got home I noticed that I could not access the DES settings. When I go into the settings for the modes the DES option is missing. The dealership is having a hard time figuring it out. They tried re-flashing again and replacing the "black box." Neither has worked.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas on how to fix? The dealership is stumped and is calling Ohlins today to see if they know what to do.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought a 2011 Multistrada 1200S Touring about a month ago. When I did the test ride I could go into the suspension settings, but the heated grips didn't work. The dealership told me they would re-flash it to get the grips working. Once I got home I noticed that I could not access the DES settings. When I go into the settings for the modes the DES option is missing. The dealership is having a hard time figuring it out. They tried re-flashing again and replacing the "black box." Neither has worked.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas on how to fix? The dealership is stumped and is calling Ohlins today to see if they know what to do.

Wow, that’s interesting. I bought a 2012 Touring S a month ago too. My heated grips are also not working. Now I’m a little worried about taking it in.

At least I have a three year warranty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts
The BBS computer has to be told about the Ohlins semi active suspension, so if they replaced it and didn’t reflash it then you have no way to set the suspension up.

My dealer replaced my BBS and I had to tell them several times to reflash it to get it to work until they believed me.. and my knowledge came from this Forum..

To his credit the mechanic came out and apologised and offered that the dealership didn’t provide sufficient training, ffs

Cheers John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike was reflashed after the BBS was replaced and still doesn't work. I haven't heard from the dealer in almost a week, so I emailed Ohlins directly to see what they suggest.
Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Does this bike have the stock SCU (Suspension Control Unit) or the Ohlins semi-active upgraded SCU? Also, for clarification, what piece is the BBS? The dash?

I occasionally would receive DES errors. Usually they would clear by cycling the power on the bike. Clearly that isn't the case for yours. I once had repeat problem that was cleared by unplugging and replugging in the SCU. If you are on the stock SCU, I believe I still have my stock SCU from a 2011 S that I would be willing to part with for cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has the Ohlins semi active SCU. The BBS is a black box under the seat for the ignition I believe. How much you looking to get for the stock SCU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neither the Ducati regional service manager or Ohlins has any idea what the problem could be. They are basically finger pointing at each other. Does anyone have a spare stock SCU that i could borrow, rent or buy to eliminate the semi active scu as a possible culprit. If its not the scu I would imagine it would have to be something to do with the computer not showing the DES setting to begin with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the dealer wanted me to get a stock SCU. I bought one and they switched it. Still didn't work. I had them hook it to the computer with me present and had them go through setting by setting. Surprise, surprise, there is a suspension enable setting within the BBS. How they didn't see that two months ago, I have no idea. Regardless i'm happy its fixed.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
So the dealer wanted me to get a stock SCU. I bought one and they switched it. Still didn't work. I had them hook it to the computer with me present and had them go through setting by setting. Surprise, surprise, there is a suspension enable setting within the BBS. How they didn't see that two months ago, I have no idea. Regardless i'm happy its fixed.
I hope they refund you for some of the parts (stock SCU) and labor. More idiots at work these days. No attention to detail. No skills. Sad stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts