Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 1200s that is bone stock....
If I install the DP race ECU but leave the exhaust alone, will it run good?
Will I see/feel any performance improvement?

·
Registered
577 Posts
It might run, but it won't run good, and you certainly won't see any performance improvement. Likely the opposite. Not to mention ruining your catalytic converter, over the long term.

·
Registered
291 Posts
No, and..
No.

Either get an exhaust that matches the ECU, or sell the ECU to someone who has the exhaust.

·
Registered
407 Posts
As others have said, no. The Race ECU is designed to go with a more open airbox and exhaust than stock, it will run worse than the stock setup with the stock airbox/exhaust. If you want to improve the running of your 2012, go with the Tuneboy cruise and tune- he improves the stock fuel injection map so it runs MUCH better off idle and thoughout the rev range. And gives you true electronic cruise at the same time... Go with the larger rear sprocket as well and the bike runs MUCH better than either the dual spark or DVT motors.

Dave

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got my Race ECU prior to my exhuast.

I ended up installing it a few days before my exhuast came. i rode it around alil bit. it ran fine, actually better. Less surging etc, smoother response.

No Sign of over heating etc.

These bikes run Super lean stock, the Race ecu adds more fuel.

Personally i dont think you'd do any really damage with it, but id reccomend getting a exhuast and Filter.

I Run the race ECU/SC Project/Sprint Filter setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the race ecu...
Definitely runs richer.... but stronger and better reponse..
Getting a MIVV muffler and cat delete next.
Love this bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi!

I run my 1200S -10 with a full GPR no cat system and I just ordered the Race ECU.

Is this just ”plug & play” or is it something special to think about installing the new ECU?

Thanks
Michael

1 - 9 of 9 Posts