Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 multistrada 1200s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time user here so please have patience with me as I’m aware these questions have no doubt been asked a thousand times.

Have just purchased my Third Ducati after losing my last two through a separation and had to get an older model to get back on the road. Bike is tidy and done 26500km.

I would really appreciate some advice on the below items as not sure what to tackle first.

The bike has had the mid pipe removed (cat converter) and a new section put in. Measure up ok if that means anything for pipe length.

it’s low end under 4000rpm is surging, popping on 1st to 2nd, idling rough at 1350rpm and smells like it’s running rich (but this might also mean lean. Also has the odd miss on early throttle.

Bike had Desmo at 24000km and did spark plugs, air filter etc.

option I have been advised is a rexxer map but the techs advice is he can’t guarentee unless I put cat converter back in or a new full termI system.

my previous 2015 Multi was sweet with no issues like above. My 939 hypermotard had surging issues but I put a temperature converter in that tricked the temp it was colder air temp and it then ran like a dream.

ive been advised that Ducati’s coming into NZ often just need re mapping to fix this.

I’m leaning towards going with a tech here who seems like a straight up guy with a great track record On a new Mapp
Any advise would be awesome on the mechanicals.

also have an issue with fuel reader and fuel light staying. Left hand indicator on dash also not working 100%. It flashes at about 30% brightness.

thanks to anyone that can help.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
install a full termi exhaust and ducati racing chip. that will take care of the surging below 4000 rpm. due to emissions on the motor it does not like low rpm. I have a 2010 with the full Termi and chip and it runs way better below 3500, still though the motor does like to rev.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Add Tuneboy and you will be able to tune the bike so it runs very well. It is super flexible and you can run any exhaust or no cat you want. I have run multiple exhaust systems, lightened flywheel and even cam and piston swaps on my MTS. Tuneboy program was always able to make any setup work with some tuning. It’s a powerful tool on the MTS. They are a bit slow to respond sometimes, but the product is excellent. Really probably the best money I have spent on my MTS...there are about a zillion threads on Tuneboy on MTS.

Reactions: NZ Ducati

·
Registered
589 Posts
For a 2011 Tuneboy is the way to go , GET their QS, and cruise control which work fantastic on the Tuneboy system as well as the Tune edit for mapps

·
Registered
589 Posts
The full termi and chip which is just a software tuning remap is probably the most overpriced exhaust system on earth that Ducati offers and only go with it when there are no other options , considering you can get Tuneboy cruise control , quick shifter and tune edit for less then 1/2 the price and you already have it decatted . Most tech's won't recommend Tuneboy as they haven't got a clue how to install and work on it , which is easy to do .

·
Registered
2011 multistrada 1200s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just get a custom remap and your done.
Thanks everyone that’s great news.
ive got a guy here that does Rexxer map so I assume these are the same mapping ideas?
I’ll also do some searching on Tuneboy and see if it’s something I can do myself.
Thanks again 👍

·
Registered
2011 multistrada 1200s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The full termi and chip which is just a software tuning remap is probably the most overpriced exhaust system on earth that Ducati offers and only go with it when there are no other options , considering you can get Tuneboy cruise control , quick shifter and tune edit for less then 1/2 the price and you already have it decatted . Most tech's won't recommend Tuneboy as they haven't got a clue how to install and work on it , which is easy to do .
I’ve checked tuneboy out and this is awesome advice. Thanks mate 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts