Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the PCV for tuning their 10-12 MTS or are most people using the Tuneboy kit at this point? Has anyone had success with the PCV?

I just upgraded the exhaust on my MTS to the SC Project full system (which I love) to find out a couple days later that my local tuner no longer will work on the MTS because of issues he's had trying to get the MTS and PCV tunes as good as he wants (perfectionist). His assistant suggested using the PCV zero map since the bike will use the O2 sensor input to trim itself. I tried that today and it doesn't seem to get close at all.

I tried the Mivv full system map and it seemed ok. The Termi full map felt a little better but maybe a little soft responsiveness around 4k RPM (which made me worry it was lean).

I already have the PCV so sunk cost says sorting this would be nice but I am not sure what the options are if my local tuner doesn't want to touch it (for now).

At $450 for the PCV AutoTune or $450 for the Tuneboy it seems like just eating the spent money and getting the Tuneboy anyway might just be better.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Tuneboy tune edit works well for me and you get the benefit of CC and QS up and down for some more money, but works well .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you end up doing the tune on a dyno or just the map that came with?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Did you end up doing the tune on a dyno or just the map that came with?

I had several maps to choose from and after playing with them I chose one , obviously a dyno tune is the best but I have not heard of a good tuner in Calgary .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks. I'm just going to order the TuneBoy and sell off the PCV I guess. I don't want to risk my motor and the extra features are pretty slick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts