Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little embarassing, but I'm trying to figure out if my recently purchased 2011 MTS 1200 Touring has heated grips, and, if so, how to operate them. The guy I bought it from didn't tell me a whole lot about the bike. I've been through the owner's manual and I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about heated grips. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You have 2 options:
1. Look at the grips and see if there's a wire coming out.
2. With the engine running press the starter button. A heat on/off setting should appear dash message area.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
congrats on your new purchase ...

to turn on/off and adjust the DP heated grips, GotRoad is correct ... with the engine already running, press and hold the start switch on the right handlebar ... the round dash window will change to indicate what mode the heated grips are set to: off, low, medium, high. press the starter switch again to change the mode, then release. when the heated grips are turned on to either of the three "on" modes, the round dash window will change to indicate the mode every so often (i've yet to figure out what the frequency is).

again, congrats on your new to you multistrada ... it's the best motorcycle i've ever owned.

btw, since your multi is a 2011 touring model, you have the Ohlins DES ... if the previous owner kept that stock and the bike still has the stock SCU (Suspension Control Unit), i strongly suggest you look at the Ohlins Upgrade SCU ... it turns the forks and shock into semi-active ... it's an even better upgrade than the full exhaust system, which is pretty awesome as well.

https://www.ohlins.com/2013/04/ohlins-launch-semi-active-upgrade-for-multistrada-s/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out I have heated grips after all, and they work. Thank you very much. That's handy now that it's getting cooler. I'm liking this bike more and more all the time.

The upgraded SCU sounds interesting. Is it a do-it-yourself install?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Super simple install. Then use switch on handlebar to program as desired. The SCU transforms the suspension so that it actively adjusts to conditions. Not having it makes no sense at all.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Some have gotten a sore finger from all the button pushing ...
With such a complicated bike the SCU gives you peace of mind on you settings.
You can leave a mode Enduro / Urban or 2 as is if you feel that is right for you.

Do the slot the belly pan for easier oil changes (don't slot too much tho) Simple and effective.

It can take a long time to get to know the bike and its workings.
It is a forgiving bike when you need it to be.
I still am in love with mine and would be the first one to bitch about shortcomings...
there are many little upgrades from people all over the world who share their tricks and adjustments to make it a better bike.

I have done the 4 headlights on when high beams are on mod, an inexpensive Quick makes you see better at night and be seen better. Easy no harm bit of rewiring ( the loom came from a fine fellow from England)
Palmer windscreen spacers to ease the wind buffeting some find annoying, along with Eagle screen hiss flaps from Australia.

You will find Andys info site very helpful and loads of info.
GREAT bike and can be intimidating as it is fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts