Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2011 848 EVO to a renowned racing bike shop here in Southern Cali for the installation of my Z-Fi TC Bazzaz. Got the bike back and I noticed that my first gear jerks when I full throttle. Could it be my traction control not letting my clutch fully disengage? That's what the guys at the shop told me. But I don't know, that doesn't sound very convincing to me. Could they have mapped it wrong? Or is jerking ONLY on first gear normal? Bike runs smooth the rest of the gears. Also, the bike won't come up on one wheel (1st gear). That's good at the track I guess but I just want to know if this is normal?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Took my 2011 848 EVO to a renowned racing bike shop here in Southern Cali for the installation of my Z-Fi TC Bazzaz. Got the bike back and I noticed that my first gear jerks when I full throttle. Could it be my traction control not letting my clutch fully disengage? That's what the guys at the shop told me. But I don't know, that doesn't sound very convincing to me. Could they have mapped it wrong? Or is jerking ONLY on first gear normal? Bike runs smooth the rest of the gears. Also, the bike won't come up on one wheel (1st gear). That's good at the track I guess but I just want to know if this is normal?
Your shop doesn't have a clue. I have the Bazzaz fuel mapping, auto tune, TC & QS on my 848 race bike.

The 1st gear jerkness is caused the Bazzaz computer sending an interupt signal to the coils and ECU. Just set the 1st gear TC trim value to -5 and the problem will go away. You can also reduce the TC sensitivity and cut level, but then you have less TC intervention throughout the range.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your shop doesn't have a clue. I have the Bazzaz fuel mapping, auto tune, TC & QS on my 848 race bike.

The 1st gear jerkness is caused the Bazzaz computer sending an interupt signal to the coils and ECU. Just set the 1st gear TC trim value to -5 and the problem will go away. You can also reduce the TC sensitivity and cut level, but then you have less TC intervention throughout the range.
Damn bro I couldn't thank you more for this valuable advice. I'm going to let them know about this.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Francesca and me out playing last weekend

Damn bro I couldn't thank you more for this valuable advice. I'm going to let them know about this.
You may need to play with it a bit as each bike is different. I have used it on 2 x 848's and 2 x 1198's. Just download the software (free) from Bazzaz and then plug your laptop into the Bazzaz computer.

We do race starts at about 5000 RPM and if you don't set the TC down in 1st and 2nd you will get exactly the condition you described.

Finally, to hell with your shop. Bazzaz software is really easy to work with so you can do it all yourself!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may need to play with it a bit as each bike is different. I have used it on 2 x 848's and 2 x 1198's. Just download the software (free) from Bazzaz and then plug your laptop into the Bazzaz computer.

We do race starts at about 5000 RPM and if you don't set the TC down in 1st and 2nd you will get exactly the condition you described.

Finally, to hell with your shop. Bazzaz software is really easy to work with so you can do it all yourself!:D
Thanks I just downloaded the software. How is your TC map on every gear? You have -5 on first what about the rest? I see Bazzazz has a map for fuel but not TC. All of them are set to 0 now for TC

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Thanks I just downloaded the software. How is your TC map on every gear? You have -5 on first what about the rest? I see Bazzazz has a map for fuel but not TC. All of them are set to 0 now for TC
At the top of the page you will see "Fuel Map, Self Mapping, Quick Shift, Traction Control and Diagnostics".

Of these, what do you have installed on your bike? Only TC?

On the Traction Control page you will see on the left "Cut Level", in the center chart "TC Sensitivity" and at the bottom "TC Trim by Gear".

When you say "all are set to zero", do you mean cut level, or chart values, or trim values or everything? That doesn't make sense.

All values in the cut level column and chart should be "5" as it comes from Bazzaz and trims should all be at "0". Keep in mind that for any throttle position and RPM you can change it to any value you want. Bigger number is MORE intervention smaller number is LESS. Also keep in mind that the chart values apply to ALL gears. Start by leaving all these settings as they came from Bazzaz.

Now, reduce the TC Trim value to -5 on 1st gear only.

Finally, "Load TC Map" and go for a test ride.

And if that doesn't work, go one more (down) on TC Trim to "OFF". Go for another test ride, etc, etc, 'til you get it where you want it.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the top of the page you will see "Fuel Map, Self Mapping, Quick Shift, Traction Control and Diagnostics".

On the Traction Control page you will see on the left "Cut Level", in the center chart "TC Sensitivity" and at the bottom "TC Trim by Gear".

When you say "all are set to zero", do you mean cut level, or chart values, or trim values or everything? That doesn't make sense.

All values in the cut level column and chart should be "5" as it comes from Bazzaz and trims should all be at "0". Keep in mind that for any throttle position and RPM you can change it to any value you want. Bigger number is MORE intervention smaller number is LESS. Also keep in mind that the chart values apply to ALL gears. Start by leaving all these settings as they came from Bazzaz.

And if that doesn't work, go one more (down) on TC Trim to "OFF". Go for another test ride, etc, etc, 'til you get it where you want it.:)
Sweet tits! Yes I meant the trim values for TC. I'm going to mess around with it. Thanks a lot of the help bro!! You're definitely an asset to this forum. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and i meant that the bazzaz webpage only had a fuel map not TC map. I guess that's preference that's why the trim values are all set to 0

·
Registered
5 Posts

Really good explanation, I doubt I could have worded it better myself. The only thing though is that you do not have to press the "Load TC Map" button when you're done editing. Any changes you make in the software are instantaneous, you don't have to save them to the control unit. The Load Map function is if you have different fuel and/or TC maps saved on your computer and want to load it into you control unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts