Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the group - I removed the tail section of my 2010 MTS and installed a new blaster X. In remounting the tail section, the 4 bolts are flush before the tail section is tight. The 4 bolts have a large robber washer on top (in the storage compartment under the seat) but there were no other washers. Has anyone else seen this?

I can just add my own washers but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Joe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Question for the group - I removed the tail section of my 2010 MTS and installed a new blaster X. In remounting the tail section, the 4 bolts are flush before the tail section is tight. The 4 bolts have a large robber washer on top (in the storage compartment under the seat) but there were no other washers. Has anyone else seen this?

I can just add my own washers but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Joe
Hey Joe.

I have an aftermarket tail tidy... I'm not sure what the brand is, it came on the bike, and I like it so it's stayed... See the attached photo. I have taken the multi on the track a couple of times, and I disconnect the brake lights when I do this, so the tail has to drop down. The first time I did this, I noticed a handful of extra washers around 2 of the 4 bolts, in between the bolt head and the rubber. These seem to snug up the back two bolts, but the front two are slightly loose. It seems to just be designed this way, probably nothing to worry about, but you can also add a few washers to snug it up if you are worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
The stock set up vibrates with only the rubber washers. The solution was simple, add the washers and firm everything up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts