Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen new photos of new multistada and i think that this may be a threat to the hyper, what do you guys think

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think I dig it. At first I thought the "snout" thing would be an issue, but, that thing looks right on!(but I'm still keepin' my Hyper)

"Eating shellfish is an abomination." Lev. 11:10

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dang it, I gotta chime in again. I thought the Multi was the obvious replacement/answer to the old Cagiva Gran Canyon, but this thing is a complete departure. I hope the BMW GS guys don't start yelling "Foul".

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:1

·
Registered
260 Posts
It will definitely take sales away from the Hyper if it isnt too heavy.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I'm waiting to test ride it and then I'll make a decision. I test rode my first Multi in 04, got off the bike and wrote the check. Maybe I can replace my Hyper and Multi with one bike:eek:

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I don't think it will have anything to do with Hyper sales at all. It's a completely different bike altogether. Even the old Multistrada, which essentially shared a motor and frame with the Hyper, was very different to ride than the Hyper. I don't see how you can make any comparison at all with the new one...

BTW, I dig the new Multistrada, and I'd love to take one for a spin. If it's even close to the BMW GS in performance, comfort, and utility, it would make my short list of desired bikes...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The Multistrada page is up at Ducati.com, so we don't have to speculate any more... ;)
Yep at http://www.multistrada.ducati.com/
and it is nicer than many people thought !
In my old days in Europe, I use to ride a liquid cooled v-twin known as the Africa Twin first released as a 650 running the marathon category in the Dakar with only 65hp. Ok the Multistrada does not have the off road capabilities but 150hp !

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think ducati might used that frame to make the new hyper with a water cooled engine. I think that might be a good option to look forward too.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Its probably the bike many of you should buy instead of the Hyper... Then you wouldn't have the gas tank, seat, and saddle bag issues to whine about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The bike looks definitively better than I would have expected. Depending on the price, the looks and the weight this could be an alternative to my Hyper. Well I will have to start saving money, because it won't be cheap and now the resale price of my Hyper will go down with the new Hyper EVO 6 EVO SP on the Horizon.

Regards

Wolfgang

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like a serious stab at the GS market to me. The new Multi will be a much more multifunction bike (like the GS) than the Hyper could ever be. Not aiming for the narrow Hyper market at all.

Big sticking point will be the price. Right now a GS with ABS & heated grips & cast wheels is about $16K (luggage extra if there is not a promotion). Will the Multi be cost competitive?

BTW, as a long time GS rider, I think the new Multi has great potential. Can't wait to try out radial monoblock ABS brakes.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The new Multi is very sweet.........you would have to take one in each color they are so damn nice. That white one with hard bags is probably my favorite. They are gonna sell a pile of these, anyone want a used Multi.......there will be plenty.

I would never give up my Hyper since it is too much fun, but this would be a great addition. Too bad, I don't ride enough miles to justify it.

I think with that kind of HP and a case of Schlitz in the bags, that fifth gear wheelies are obtainable. :think:

Out!

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
My Hyper stays, the new Multistrada 1200 could share the garage with it if I don't go for a Streetfighter.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Me Like It!!

I don't know.......I think my little Hyper NEEDS a NEW BIGGER BADDER STEP BROTHER to share the garage with, but that just me........:D Aloha Alex

1 - 20 of 58 Posts