Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas and suggestions on what to do next? I have done nearly all of the common mods, Headlight mod, evap can delete, PC V and Auto tuner, K&N filter (not doing the airbox mod) up 2 on the rear sprocket, Full titanium exahust, exahust servo delete, custom LED tail light, tidy tail, clutch slave works good so no plan to change that, hiss flaps, Puig wind screen with Vario, Dyno tuned, sag set, ECU modified so PC V can tune the full range. The bike runs smooth even at 2k. Just running out of ideas. I love the everything about the bike but as most know there is no such thing as a last mod.

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the appeal of nice wheels and possibly lowering to rotational mass but is there enough performance gain to justify the cost or just personal preference? Same with the M50's, do they really perform $1500 better then the stock brembos? Keep in mind i have never raced at a track other then drag racing (maybe in the near future). Thank you for the ideas.

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put some new levers on. Maybe ride it more and it'll take your mind off tinkering!
I have been looking at possibly doing some levers Thank you. Any suggestions?

I ride nearly everyday that there's no potential for Ice. So I ride alot but I'm also in the military so I'm gone alot. I've had the bike for almost 5 years, been gone for about half of it but have still put 20K on it in 5 different countries. Now I'm at the base of Pikes Peak and the Rockies so more riding will be done. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I understand the appeal of nice wheels and possibly lowering to rotational mass but is there enough performance gain to justify the cost or just personal preference? Same with the M50's, do they really perform $1500 better then the stock brembos? Keep in mind i have never raced at a track other then drag racing (maybe in the near future). Thank you for the ideas.
I put these on and they work perfectly: For Ducati Multistrada MTS1000SDS/M900/M1000/MS4R/ST3S Short Brake Clutch Levers | eBay

·
Registered
704 Posts
Caliper upgrade to M50‘s would be for ‘bling’ appeal only....it’s not going to improve the braking performance. Wheels: hmmm.....I’ve read all the literature and before I dropped that much $$$, I’d have to try a bike with them.

·
Registered
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring
32 Posts
Hello, can I ask, how does the power commander do for smoothing the on/off throttle response? Picking up my 2010 1200s touring tonight and on the test ride that was the only hiccup... Thanks

Size

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, can I ask, how does the power commander do for smoothing the on/off throttle response? Picking up my 2010 1200s touring tonight and on the test ride that was the only hiccup... Thanks

Size
My set up works really good but I have alot more then just a PC V. My ECU is unlocked so the lower RPM range can be tuned, Dyno Tuned by Andrea of AP Racing Moto and an Auto tuner.

Reactions: sizmtrz

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
What is it that you feel is lacking or could be improved on? If you just enjoy the tinkering and personalizing (I do), then things like dropping weight. Carbon tails or battery trays. Titanium bolts are pretty eye candy and strangely satisfying....even if I can’t justify them. Go for more bang. Lightened flywheel, bigger cams, higher compression. Etc...there is lots left you can do if you like to work on it....also slipper clutch and quick shifter(especially down auto blip) is awesome. Highly recommended, for what it’s worth.

Reactions: Kalbo32

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
I love the Multi... it's a great all around bike, for your next mod I'd suggest a Streetfighter - to kick it up the performance curve a bit... either that or the "KTM 790 ADV mod" to make your Multi more dirt capable.

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
Lighter wheels can make the entire bike feel lighter and let your suspension work better at the same time. Reducing rotational unsprung weight can be a big deal.

Shorty levers: Make sure you can deal with a short clutch lever...I cannot and had to change mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definitely get a regular size clutch lever and a shorty brake lever, and personally I stay away from the Chinese made stuff like the one linked above. Of all the crap I put on my 2016, I have yet to add any Chinese made junk to mine.

Next thing I would do is a quick shifter and auto blip like someone before suggested.

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the suggestions, I decided on the quick shifter, should be here in a few days. I will be looking into levers next. Going to also look into getting the seat redone. I just had the belts done about 2k miles ago so maybe I'll crack the engine when they are due again and look into cams and higher compression piston. Don't know much about the internals so I need to do home work.

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
Upgrade low beam with IPF H11 downsized LED bulbs.

Did wonders for my lowbeam for Late evening and night rides. Crisp white 6500K lighting.

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Upgrade low beam with IPF H11 downsized LED bulbs.

Did wonders for my lowbeam for Late evening and night rides. Crisp white 6500K lighting.
View attachment 987737
Thanks for the suggestion. How are they compared with the Osram Nightbreaker? I have heard some LED conversion run hot and can potentially damage the plastics, have any concern with these? I have also done the headlight mod so when I turn on my highbeams on the lowbeams stay on also which really works well. Thanks again

·
Registered
2010 Multistrada
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the Dynojet linear pull type quick shifter, after some experimenting I was able to get it to work (dynojet has zero instructions on the linear pull sensors) but it works and is nice and smooth shifting and sounds insane with the SC Project exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. How are they compared with the Osram Nightbreaker? I have heard some LED conversion run hot and can potentially damage the plastics, have any concern with these? I have also done the headlight mod so when I turn on my highbeams on the lowbeams stay on also which really works well. Thanks again
No problems at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts