Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice 2010 Multi 1200. It has an SC Project full system on it with the DB killer and it was chipped for that system. Problem is that I find it too loud for me and the stock exhaust didnt come with the bike.
Any suggestions like possibly a different can?

Thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I just updated my personal information. I'm located in Venice FL south of Tampa. I don't necessarily want a stock exhaust I meant I don't have anything else to try. My bike has a full SC system with Cat delete. I'm looking at all options.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok I just updated my personal information. I'm located in Venice FL south of Tampa. I don't necessarily want a stock exhaust I meant I don't have anything else to try. My bike has a full SC system with Cat delete. I'm looking at all options.
Since the CAT is gone I'm thinking most are going to sound about the same loudness, mostly tone changes. Have you tried it without the DB Killer by any chance? I took the DB Killer out of the Termignoni and I swear it didn't get louder, it just changed the tone a bit. I do have a device to measure noise levels, so I probably should do a comparison but I didn't bother with the stock to termignoni measurements so I didn't bother with the db killer in/out. SC Project does have a few different cans (not sure if you ended up with the CRT), you could certainly give them a call and ask if they know if one would be quieter.

I have a Stealth exhaust on one of my cars, which is the same as the race exhaust, except they have a different mid-pipe. Best exhaust I've ever had as it sounds great, not too loud unless you are WOT when you want it to growl, but putting a different tip/can on it wouldn't change the loudness much I think.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I work at a motorcycle shop, I hear quite a few come and go. Project SC is known to be one of the loudest. I like them on the Aprilia V-4's and that's about it. And I respectfully disagree, not all are equal after the cat is gone. The Termi doesn't equal the Projects. It's more of a raw, near obnoxious loud with them. Same with Toce, makes you wonder if there goal is 100% looks and zero fecks about sound level/quality.
You want quieter, get long and larger diameter. Both will help bring dB down. Sound quality and level are very subjective. I LOVE the sound of my [full] Termignoni system. There's something about Desmo + Termi+ Ohlins working together in harmony!

Case in point, this small can is going to be quite a bit louder:

than this can:

Weather or not it brings it into a level acceptable to you is a different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts