Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tearing down the bike in preparation for checking the valves and replacing the belts. I was looking at the belt tension pulley and noticed that mine does not have a hexagonal nut to increase the tension like in the video from CA Cycleworks as well at the tutorial by Cesna. Mine has an oval-shaped piece with 3 recessed holes. I'm assuming now I need a specific Ducati-made tool to be able to snug up the tensioning pulley. So where do I get one?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
So I'm tearing down the bike in preparation for checking the valves and replacing the belts. I was looking at the belt tension pulley and noticed that mine does not have a hexagonal nut to increase the tension like in the video from CA Cycleworks as well at the tutorial by Cesna. Mine has an oval-shaped piece with 3 recessed holes. I'm assuming now I need a specific Ducati-made tool to be able to snug up the tensioning pulley. So where do I get one?

Can you post a pic? I'm going off memory but my 1198 had the holes as well and from what i remember i used needle nose pliers in the holes to make the rotation and tension the belts.

My 1198 was an '11

1 - 2 of 2 Posts