Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello brother,

I have a question, so my 848 dash connector was broken I am replacing complete wiring harness. I just want to know that do I need to change the ignition also if I am changing wiring harness or it will work right after I install the harness or it needs reprogrammed or something? Please reply.

Mozi

·
Registered
125 Posts
One thing first. You can replace the dash connector if it's just the connector that is broken (damage to the plastic?). It's easy to remove the pins/terminals. I did this on a friends bike the other day.

No, you do not need to reprogram anything. The wire harness is just wires and connectors. As long as the dash and keys are the same, you're good. Not even the ECU is a part of that immobilizer system as such (it actually is, but it's not programmed to the system i.e it can be replaced with no immo issue).

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Hello brother,

I have a question, so my 848 dash connector was broken I am replacing complete wiring harness. I just want to know that do I need to change the ignition also if I am changing wiring harness or it will work right after I install the harness or it needs reprogrammed or something? Please reply.

Mozi
Hi Mozi. Sorry I didn’t reply to your PM. New member, no thread count and I thought the way you worded question odd. Anyways now that I see you posting I will answer.
No reprogramming is required if it’s only the wiring harness. Plug it in and go for a ride. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all Thank you for the reply, secondly i am also changing the dash becouse my dash was faulty too, found one on ebay so i gave the dash and the wiring harness to the dealer he said dash is on and wiring is ok working but the bike is not starting it is showing faulty codes, and he says i need to change the ignition and the immobilizer also. What i really want to ask is can something be done to get the bike start with the same ignition and immobilizer which is already installed

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe you need the key that match the dash that's why the bike is not starting. I think some vendors can mate the key and the dash no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts