Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Ladies and Gents,

I recently acquired a 2010 796 Tard. I have been researching the bike via the site over the last week. The preliminary mods that I plan on consist of a cat delete, ECU re-flash, and maybe an airbox upgrade/mod.

My initial question revolves around the ECU re-flash. Are all re-flash's equal? In other words, is the re-flash from Redline going to be the same from one of their competitors? I am trying to go with the best package deal in terms of exhaust and re-flash. That's the principle reason I ask. However, that won't trump the better product if there is indeed one when it comes to flashes.

Thanks Much!!

G

·
Registered
309 Posts
what I have heard was, the program/rom that will be flashed to the ECU is same as DP ecu with O2 removed. So, the map is expecting you to use DP lid and termi pipe(or maybe other aftermarket pipe). It is better to have a PCV (or similar product) and dyno after reflash if your setup is different. However, having said that, the bike will still run with the stock setup, not optimized though.

I have it reflashed, but still running stock pipe at the moment.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I started this path in January with my 2012 796 . BEFORE you do any mods especially intake mods get the ecu reflashed .the stock setup is already too lean so performance mods could damage engine. Redline did my reflash as I'm only a half hour away and what it does is richens out the whole range. then the bike will be ready for any intake or exhaust mods you want. Finally , after all modifications are complete add a power commander v so a dyno tune can be done and custom map for YOUR bike can be put in it . .. Now you have a brand new 796 which is waaaayyyy better than stock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts