Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I am lead to believe it has more to do with economics and supply than performance issues from the Marzocchis!

Have ridden both (hard) and cannot see any difference!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Anyone have a chance to compare them?

Al
I here the KYBs will be a lot easier to have adjusted for rider weight & riding style, because there are many suspension shops that work on them, as they as rebuildable, (I hope) and the Marzocchis are NOT!:mad: so no revalving, (crimped cap on valve stack) all you can do with the stock Marzocchis is change springs & oil weights, unless you want to spend a lot of money!:eek: but the good news is that the Marzocchis are really not that bad of a fork, and I do like the "stoutness" & look of the 50mm fork VS the 48mm of the KYBs. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got about an hour of time on an 08 and a several hours on my 09 - all street riding, some semi-spirited, and couldn't tell a difference.

But part of my decision to get an 09 was based on the KYB forks. Eventually, I'll head back to doing trackdays and I like the long-term options that are available on the KYBs vs. the Marz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 2009 S KYBs vs 2008 S Marzocchis

Thanks to all for the feedback. Helps a bit, if and when I decide to pull the trigger (read: checkbook)!

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts