Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2009 Monster 1100 and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. I have a question about the clutch however. Now I am almost positive that it has a dry clutch. However, on page 107 of the owner's manual, it says that the clutch is wet multiplate :confused:

Can anyone confirm that the clutch is indeed dry, and that this is a mistake in the manual?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2009 Monster 1100 and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. I have a question about the clutch however. Now I am almost positive that it has a dry clutch. However, on page 107 of the owner's manual, it says that the clutch is wet multiplate :confused:

Can anyone confirm that the clutch is indeed dry, and that this is a mistake in the manual?

Thanks!
It's dry.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Listen for the "clank" and you know you have a dry clutch...
it's kind of hard to tell because the clutch cover is closed. every single review i've read of the monster 1100 indicates it's a dry clutch, but the owner's manual states it's a wet multiplate. which is very big mistake for the manual to be wrong. i'd hate to open up the clutch cover, only to find it was wet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
DRY DRY DRY

Another mistake I've found is with air temperature. The manual doesn't list it, but all the specs from the Ducati website and literature state the M1100 gives air temperature. My M696 did, but the M1100 doesn't.

·
Registered
267 Posts
DRY DRY DRY

Another mistake I've found is with air temperature. The manual doesn't list it, but all the specs from the Ducati website and literature state the M1100 gives air temperature. My M696 did, but the M1100 doesn't.
Interesting... My 1100S does.

Crappy iPhone pic:

Oh, it definitely has a dry clutch:

·
Registered
180 Posts
It is strange and bothered me. Someone suggested that it was due to the oil cooler causing false readings but I don't buy that as the sensor could easily be moved. It isn't because of the DP ecu either.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jborders5- That is a BEAUTIFUL bike! Way to go man, I absolutely love it!!!

So the M696 and M1100s give air temp, but not the M1100. Wacky.

What's even more wacky is I contacted Ducati-Italy and Ducati-North America about the incorrect info on their website/literature. Italy told me the specs were correct, the M1100 should give air temp, if not contact my dealer. North America told me it was a mistake in the specs, the M1100 does NOT give air temp, sorry for the confusion!!!

It has nothing to do with the ECU, stock and Termi on my M696 both gave air temp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts