Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but have not found the solution for my model bike. Anyone know a way to reset the maint indicator wrench light off the dash. I tried a couple different ways suggested on this site for other models but it didn't seem to work for this new 2009 M1100 model. Any ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
um, try taking it in for service? the dealer will remove the light after they service it. mine came on at the 600 mile mark. i took it in, and rode away with no light.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I realize that, but was wanting to do the service myself.
Shouldn't be a problem. Check with dealers in your area, first. But when I bought my bike, I was adamant with my dealer that I do my own service and didn't want there to be a problem with warranty (unlike those monkeys at KTM who told me that if I so much as park my bike in the same garage as my tools, they'd void the warranty and repossess the bike and cut the nuts off my dog). They said "No problem". They fully support it. After I did my 600 mile service on my new 1100, I brought it to them to get the wrench icon shut off.

$18, the tech checked over the work, checked chain tension, tire pressure, asked me what oil I used, plugged in the computer, reset the service indicator, and I was on my way in under 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, just checked with my dealer and they said they would take care of that no problem if I wanted to do the service myself. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cool, just checked with my dealer and they said they would take care of that no problem if I wanted to do the service myself. :D
Good deal!

BTW - A very wise investment, if you haven't already, is the Factory Service Manual. $50 for a DVD from Ducati. It's always the first "accessory" I purchase for any new bike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
didn't you guys buy your bikes under the free 1 year maintenance program? or did you just want to do the service yourself anyway?

·
Registered
87 Posts
didn't you guys buy your bikes under the free 1 year maintenance program? or did you just want to do the service yourself anyway?
For me: Both. While negotiating on my Monster, I let them have the service in exchange for a ridiculous trade in value on a six-year old ZRX1200R with high miles ($1000 more than I could have got on private sale). The service plan was going to be only two services, the 600 and the 7500, so all it cost me was one Saturday. The 600 mile service only took me 30 minutes, which I knocked out before I left for work one morning.....

I've always done my own service and have since I was a teen. I've not paid a mechanic since 1980. I love the work and if it paid 3x more, I'd still be doing it for a living...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts