Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I currently have an 09' 1198 and been considering buying a Monster for several months, found an 09 1100s at a dealer with 54mi on it for 10k I offered 9k for it but they turned it down, is 10k too high?

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
KB says $10,495 for like new condition, but in the real world, that is a lot of money for a used bike with no warranty, and for a few thousand more, you can get a "brand new" monster. $9000 OTD is what all I would pay.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I don't think it's a bad price, there aren't that many 1100s models typically available for sale. To get a pretty much new one from a dealer and with it having the warranty is good. Go for it, you won't regret it and you'll enjoy the motorcycle long after the $$ is out of your wallet. :D

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
yup and one of the last dry clutch models available from Ducati. Ohlins suspenders, light wheels and a few costly cf bits :)

clacka clacka clacka, bing bing bing bing!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
A demo with 54 miles on it? Man, they must not sell many bikes. All the demos at my dealer have at least a few hundred miles on them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
10,000 with warranty sounds like a deal, they are beautiful bikes. Try to get it for 10,000 OTD

That sounds like an awesome deal to me, I paid just over 9k for mine with 800 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
From a dealer or private seller?

I can't make up my mind, there is one near me for the same price and miles as yours, or a new SF848

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My dealer has the same year base model 1100 with nearly 5k miles for $10K, so I agree the one you're interested in is a real good deal. And in your area, you can't expect a "winter" price break like some here might.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think that is a good deal. I paid KBB for mine in April. It was clean with low miles. The owner had taken real good care of it. I didn't have a warranty, but it did have a few extras. I don't think you will find a better deal. If you want a "S" model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.