Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HM 1100 2008 <-> HM 1100 2009 - any difference?

HM 1100S 2008 <-> HM 1100S 2009 - any difference?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Check Ducati.com to be sure but I think.

1100 = only a new white model

1100S = a Kayaba front fork instead of a Marzocchi

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
09 changes

1. The 09 base Hyper & Hyper "S" have the new center cases that are vacuum formed, instead of cast, the same ones on the 09 Monster, and are supposed to be approx 7lbs lighter.

2. New white color choice for the Std Hyper.

3. The Hyper "S" has the 48mm KYB instead of the 50mm Marzocchi

·
Registered
53 Posts
1. The 09 base Hyper & Hyper "S" have the new center cases that are vacuum formed, instead of cast, the same ones on the 09 Monster, and are supposed to be approx 7lbs lighter.
Are you sure, here in Sweden at my local Ducati dealership (which is big) they have the new 09 Hyper models and its the same old centre casings. After looking at the oil filter placement on the 1100 monster it would be in the way of the Hyper exhaust. I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Are you sure, here in Sweden at my local Ducati dealership (which is big) they have the new 09 Hyper models and its the same old centre casings. After looking at the oil filter placement on the 1100 monster it would be in the way of the Hyper exhaust. I might be wrong though.
I don't think you're wrong. That's not one of the changes for the 09s from what I've read and seen.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
09 1/2?

Maybe they are 09 1/2? all I know is that the Hypers that are on the showroom floor at Pro Italia & SoCal Ducati have the new centercases, there is a "stub" on top of the cases near the crank breather, to identify the new cases. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
265 Posts
The tail, and engine cover carbon pieces vary between the 08 and 09 S models. On the 08 they used a 1 by 1 twill pattern and on the 09 they use a thick weave 2 by 2 twill. Just noticed the other day at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Maybe they are 09 1/2? all I know is that the Hypers that are on the showroom floor at Pro Italia & SoCal Ducati have the new centercases, there is a "stub" on top of the cases near the crank breather, to identify the new cases. Aloha Alex
Interesting... you'd think that they'd publicize that since it should have knocked a few pounds off the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts