Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I just recently bought my '08 S4RS, bought it from a dealer back east and had it trucked here.

Question: Was I supposed to receive a little tag with my keys with the "ignition code" and also was I supposed to get a "card" like the size of a credit card with some important data on it?

I didn't get these with the bike but see in the owner's manual that they are supposed to come with the bike.

Appreciate any intel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
As you know, I just recently bought my '08 S4RS, bought it from a dealer back east and had it trucked here.

Question: Was I supposed to receive a little tag with my keys with the "ignition code" and also was I supposed to get a "card" like the size of a credit card with some important data on it?

I didn't get these with the bike but see in the owner's manual that they are supposed to come with the bike.

Appreciate any intel.
You should get:

2 black keys
1 red key
1 "credit card"

If you didn't get all these, I'd be on the phone asap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I just purchased mine from someone on here I only got the two black keys and the red key. I am amazed that people lose the card! I mean really, how hard is it to not lose the card.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the "card" in the mail a few days ago; it came mailed from France/Belgium, not the dealer.

I called the dealer last week and the salesman told me that '08's didn't come with a tag with the key#, just the red key and the two black ones.

I guess I need to send Ducati North America an email asking them who is correct, their owners manual or the salesman who seemed too busy to answer my question and tried to pawn me off to someone else who didn't know!

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
You should get:

2 black keys
1 red key
1 "credit card"

If you didn't get all these, I'd be on the phone asap.
Like Steve600 says, and this goes for my 2008 S4R.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Should have received a card with a Key Code on it. Dealer fucked you. If you do ever resell it my be an issue. If you need ever need to make another key you will need the key card as well. Talk to manager and release the dogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts