Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Can someone please help me? I purchased a DP steering damper with bracket for my MTS 1100S but I never got instructions with it. Im sure I might be able to figure it out, but I dont know how to mount it and where to use the specific brackets and screws.

Does someone have some info or a copy of the instruction sheet? I know the gas tank has to come off, but I dont know what to do after that Whatever you can do to help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
256 Posts
You may just have to Google it and look at all the pictures; the mounting is different for every bike and the Gubellini web site doesn't have one for your specific bike but I've found references that indicate your bike can be fitted with one; must be compatible with another Ducati model. The DP damper isn't shown anymore so it may be discontinued.

·
Smut peddler
900 Posts
Color me curious. Why do you want a damper? Never felt the need for it on mine. My hyper, that Philly can get a little nervous when sharp left/rights come up, but never the multi. You might be riding at a better clip than me, but I was just curious.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,316 Posts
Maybe the screen name is a clue...?

(j/k. Sorry noskills, couldn't resist ;))

Color me curious. Why do you want a damper? Never felt the need for it on mine. My hyper, that Philly can get a little nervous when sharp left/rights come up, but never the multi. You might be riding at a better clip than me, but I was just curious.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Enduros have dampers and maybe Ducati did this to control the front end on low speed, rough trails. Maybe noskills wants to go offorad.
Noskills: where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, I first wanted to thank everyone for the responses, even the smart ass one! 🤣

To answer the question about why I might need one, I think its just more about feel. Always riding sport bikes and racing I am used to a much firmer feel in the bars when riding. I think the long fork length and the position of the bike make the front feel a little loose or light to me. I dont think there is anything wrong per say, I just want a more firm feel

I have search high and low for those instructions and I just cant find them anyway, I even emailed Gubellini directly, but seeing how Italy is going though hell right now I never heard back, cant say I blame them, hope things get better there soon.

I will keep trying and see what I can find, much appreciated and hope everyone stays safe.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Enduros have dampers and maybe Ducati did this to control the front end on low speed, rough trails. Maybe noskills wants to go offorad.
Noskills: where in Canada are you?
Hey Rick, im just north of Toronto in the Caledon area, where you at?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may just have to Google it and look at all the pictures; the mounting is different for every bike and the Gubellini web site doesn't have one for your specific bike but I've found references that indicate your bike can be fitted with one; must be compatible with another Ducati model. The DP damper isn't shown anymore so it may be discontinued.
Thanks again Rick, much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts