Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to this but i would like some advise.
fi bought a second hand fully stock hypermotard 1100
here my problems and here some questions.
1 fuel light keeps blinking but there is a full tank of gas.
What to do and where to check?
2 I want to remove the cat and core the stock exhaust also drill the airbox and install a K & N filter
I have bought a power commander V and would like to install this.does any one have the right mapping for me with the modifications and want the do on bike as i cannot afford a performance exhaust.
i would like the bike to have more power.
3 How much HP gain would i get by doing all this i like to do wheelies.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi, and congrats on your wise purchase. As regards your questions:
1. Not sure, but that is likely your fuel level sender. Someone will give proper advice on this shortly I'm sure.
2. De-cat, several options, mine is LeoVince. There are tutorials for opening up the lid of the airbox and coring exhausts on this forum and Youtube.
3. If you like wheelies (as you should), then put a 14 tooth sprocket on the front - let's face it, you don't really need to go 140mph on this thing, do you?. Costs pennies, takes minutes for a lifetime of fun.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply.

anyone who has the knowledge please assist with the blinking fuel light
and can anyone tell how much average HP the buke would gain after the decat and the airbox mod

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thanks for reply.

anyone who has the knowledge please assist with the blinking fuel light
and can anyone tell how much average HP the buke would gain after the decat and the airbox mod
The fuel light on the Hyper is a thermistor type installed along with the fuel pump. Search it out in the hyper forum, there is plenty of info on how to replace it with a .50 cent part. Usually they go out and never come on and you don't know they are bad until you run out of gas a couple of times. Blinking is a new bad behavior that I am not familial with.

Tuning and changing maps is simple on this bike as the ECU in not locked and easily manipulated using inexpensive cables and free software. Search the tech section look for post from Punch and me. That should get you started.

Congrats the 08 Hyper is an Awesome bike. I love mine!

t_bare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so now i hyper
T_bare
Please read my previous post referring to the mods i want to make.
and can you also assist in giving the soft ware link and what to do etc. or do you have a map that would be ready to run also.
i really could use some help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I believe T_bear is trying to get you to use the search function of the forum. This power increase numbers have been covered 100 times in the past. Exact specific maps for exact specific mods are all easily found. We see you are new to the group. The idea is to try and help you help yourself. Things get in depth with tuning and specific maps for specific mods. Noone wants to spend the time to input all the specific info on "what would happen if i...". Its not just a 'flip this and do this and you will get 200 hp" kind of answer.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be my first.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nope, not going to tell you what to do. The information his where I pointed you. I have helped a couple of people in the past and it is a lot of effort, and once they get what they want they disappear. It is way too much effort for me to tune your bike somewhere else. If you can't search and research for yourself; then decide if you want to go down that rabbit hole. I'm not going to spoon feed instructions to you. If you don't understand what you are doing, you can brick your ECU or burn a hole in a piston. I am not taking that responsibility for your bike. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh.

t_bare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Not harsh at all t_bare
the problem is i am in suriname south america
i do have experience but that was in the old days when bikes did not have ECU's and injectors.
I Am willing to pay for the info and support.
So Please reconsider this in supporting a Hyper colleague with some advise and tips.
here we do not have bike shops where we can get parts or go for a tune.
all is done in house.
so if you want we can go from scratch.
Here my mobile number and i am also on whatsapp 597 8650009

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Have a look Here:

And Here:

Fuel Light Thread:

t_bare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts